902nd 014 Technical Writer and Editor
Requirements: Top Secret Clearance
- Oversees the editing of material for reports, manuals, briefs, proposals, instruction books, catalogs, and related technical and administrative publications.
- Edits the most complex manuscripts by reviewing content for completeness, accuracy and correctness of language use and revises manuscripts to meet predetermined standards of style and accuracy.
- Looks for inconsistencies of thought, development or organization.
- Confers with authors to recommend treatment of material. Reorganizes, cuts or rewrites as necessary.
- May edit copy as well.
- May supervise junior staff.
- Provide editorial support to analysts writing CI analytic products in support of analysis in response to specific requirements listed in AR381-12, AR381-20, and AR525-13, and DoD Instruction 5240.18.
- Responsible for independently editing, designing, and managing the contents of the finished multimedia intelligence publications which are disseminated on the INTELINK and INTELINK-S for the entire IC.
- Additionally responsible for ensuring final products are written with adequate clarity for the intended audience, arranged logically, grammatically correct, adheres to accepted rules of style, and contains the proper security classification caveats and markings as directed by national/DoD/DA guidance.
- Modify templates developed in Microsoft Word 2003 for 24 existing product lines and sub-product lines for products that range from two to more than one hundred pages in length.
Submit a Resume for this position: