E&M 018 Solaris Systems Administrator
Requirements: Secret Clearance
- Primary responsibilities are participating in the implementation, maintenance, and support of information technologies, to include Solaris (primarily), Red Hat Linux, and Windows systems and components.
- The engineer schedules and performs installations and upgrades to OS/COTs, software, and database packages in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
- In addition, this position will support the overall integration on new development systems as they transition to sustainment.
- The engineer is responsible for managing appropriate software solutions to ensure server data integrity, monitoring, and tuning the system to achieve optimum performance level, monitoring security alerts and application systems, and working with other staff to ensure that all appropriate patches are applied.
- The engineer will develop scripts using Z-Shell, C-Shell, Perl, or other similar tools to improve administration automation.
- The selected candidate will also develop and apply cybersecurity solutions utilizing current DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) to ensure high compliance status is met.
Submit a Resume for this position: