E&M 198 Mid Network Engineer
Requirements: Secret Clearance
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Under general supervision, coordinate with long haul and local exchange carriers/providers on all issues of installation, interfaces, acceptance, performance and outages.
- Plan, schedule and coordinate implementation schedules.
- Reporting on status and actions concerning implementation, installation, cutovers, activation and de-activation of nodes, trunks and services.
- Test, configure and install network equipment in pre-deployment, deployment, and post-deployment phases.
- Specialized support for select Defense Information Systems Network (DISN) extensions, Langley AFB infrastructures as it supports NOSC operations, Reachback, Joint Expeditionary Forces Exercise, Black Demon Tactics Development, Simulator Training Exercise (SIMTEX) and ACC CG test bed functions, including hands-on familiarization training.
- Engineering personnel must also establish and maintain configuration management for all installed equipment to include: Promina 800, 400, 200, 100, 50, VCXs, ADNXs, Route 24’s, modems and CSUs/DSUs: 1) A detailed knowledge of sub-network design and integration for the FrameXpress, PrimeSwitch, LWX, VCX services, Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN), Internet Protocol (IP), and Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM) is also required; 2) Develop migration strategy for divesting Promina expertise in conjunction with ACC’s plans to divest ACC-E.
- Personnel skill sets to be retrained on standard network operations and network tools.
- Support engineering, development and implementation of convergent technologies including but not limited to QOS/COS, IPv6, VTC over IP, and Voice over IP.
- Install and maintain routers, switches and other network equipment comprising the enterprise and base backbone.
- Modify switch, router and hub configurations to ensure optimum network performance and security.
- Utilize access control lists and device configuration templates to grant/restrict network access to authorized units and personnel.
- Use approved tools, HP OpenView, Network Node Manager, CiscoWorks, to perform network analysis and monitoring.
- Engage in root cause using Smarts InCharge as it is integrated into the single view of NetCOP.
- Assist in troubleshooting effort with third party vendor technical support staff.
Submit a Resume for this position: