E&M 212 Senior Hardware Support Technician
Requirements: Secret Clearance
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Under general supervision, install and maintain routers, switches and other network equipment comprising the enterprise and base backbone.
- Modify switch, router and hub configurations to ensure optimum network performance and security.
- Utilize access control lists and device configuration templates to grant/restrict network access to authorized units and personnel.
- Use approved tools, HP OpenView, Network Node Manage, CiscoWorks to perform network analysis and monitoring.
- Engage in root cause analysis using Smarts InCharge as it is integrated into the singe view of NetCOP.
- Assist in troubleshooting effort with third-party vendor technical support staff.
- Establish and maintain configuration management for all installed equipment to include: Promina 800, 400, 200, 100, 50 VCXs, ADNXs, Route 24’s modems and CSUs/DSUs: 1) A detailed knowledge of sub-network design and integration for the FrameXpress, PrimeSwitch, LWX, VCX services, Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN), Internet Protocol (IP), and Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM) is also required; 2) Develop migration strategy for divesting Promina expertise in conjunction with ACC’s plans to divest ACC-E.
- Personnel skill sets to be retrained on standard network operations and network tools.
Submit a Resume for this position: