E&M 223 Cybersecurity Sustainment Engineer
Requirements: Top Secret Clearance
- Provides technical interface with clients.
- Provides leadership and training to less senior engineers in the selection and proper usage of technical approaches and professional practices and procedures.
- Independently makes decisions on engineering problems/methods and resolves important technical question using advanced techniques and the extension or modification of standard practices.
- Conducts analysis, evaluation, or design of unique and complex tasks through the development of new or improved methods and procedures.
- Accomplishes assignments by defining requirements, developing criteria, searching for information, developing concepts, coordinating intra or interdisciplinary interfaces, and controlling allocated resources.
- May plan, schedule, and coordinate the work of others on a large engineering project or on smaller projects containing many complex features or requiring detailed analysis.
- Responsible for the overall maintenance of information technology security systems and protocols.
- Design and implement security measures for hardware, software, and network platforms to ensure protection from cyber-attacks and any other possible harmful intrusions that could compromise or damage data and network infrastructure.
- Assess existing cybersecurity systems and protocols and design and implement upgrades to existing measures as well as implementing new procedures.
- Constantly conduct risk-assessments of existing network hardware and information delivery systems to prevent and mitigate risk.
- Lead cybersecurity initiatives and provide input on budgetary parameters on a large scale.
- Possess expert knowledge in cybersecurity standards including NERC, CIP, and FISMA and ensure that cybersecurity infrastructure meets these established standards and oversees the initiative to ensure that the infrastructure remains in compliance as well as correcting any issues which may lead to non-compliance.
- Work as effective communicators with respect to training and information dissemination concerning all aspects of security measures.
- Prepare and present reports to senior management as well as others involved in information technology infrastructure.
Submit a Resume for this position: