E&M Technologies, Inc. is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. E&M provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
E&M Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking a Level 3 Emulation Developer to support a Federal government client.
The Emulation Developer is responsible for the design, development, and testing of application software to fulfill emulation needs on Windows, Unix, or other specified platforms.
- Lead the design, development, and testing of application software to fulfill emulation needs on Windows, Unix, or other specified platforms using modern continuous integration techniques
- Respond to evolving requirements in an agile environment
- Lead Software and Hardware Reverse Engineering efforts to understand mechanisms of emulation target
- Debug software and hardware systems and identify divergent behavior between systems
- Understand networking and inter-component protocols and principles
- B.S. Degree or M.S. Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field and ten (10) years’ experience programming with c, C++, or assembly
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience developing Windows or Unix applications, OR five (5) years’ experience developing software for embedded systems
- Experience developing complex programs using C, C++, or other comparable languages
- Minimum five (5) years developing software systems that emulate real hardware/firmware systems
- Minimum three (3) years leading projects that develop complex software, ensuring a collaborative environment, and configuration management
- Experience implementing software life cycle management (requirements, design, development, testing, validation, and deployment)
- Strong development skills using low level languages such as C, C++, or Assembly
- Uses source control, modern build systems, and continuous integration
- Benefits from experience with modern defensive coding practices, and with tools and technique such as linters, Address Sanitizer, coverage-guided testing, etc.
- Ability to identify divergent behavior between emulated systems and real hardware through debugging and reverse engineering.
- Experience with BDI, JTAG, I2C, etc is beneficial
- Likewise, experience with Ghidra, IDA Pro / Hexrays, Binary Ninja (binja), radar, GDB, lldb, WinDBG, Ollydbg, or objdump is beneficial
- Understands the principles of networking and communication protocols and can identify and understand new protocols
- Experience with any of the following activities is considered a plus: hypervisor development; FPGA development; device driver development; low-level experience in multiple operating systems and instruction sets; and previous experience developing emulators or emulation model
To Apply for this Position
You must have the Minimum Qualifications in your resume to be selected as a candidate.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, E&M Technologies, Inc. provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. More benefit details here.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022, or by your start date if it is after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.