E&M Technologies, Inc. is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. E&M provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
E&M Technologies, Inc. is seeking a Software Reverse Engineer II to join our team in Charlottesville, VA in support of NGIC. NGIC is the Defense Department’s primary producer of ground forces intelligence. NGIC produces scientific and technical intelligence and military capabilities analysis on foreign ground forces required by warfighting commanders, the force modernization and research and development communities, Department of Defense, and national policymakers.
- Apply expertise to perform in-depth technical evaluations of foreign computer and network technologies through the analysis and identification of software capabilities and vulnerabilities of specified non-US war fighting subsystems, using software program code disassembly and reverse engineering.
- Author concise Scientific and Technical Intelligence (S&TI) assessments in conformance with the intelligence community (IC) analytic standards that convey the results of that analysis to the client’s DoD and IC partners and clients.
- Apply working knowledge of the cyber-kill chain and offensive techniques to identify and describe potential cybersecurity issues.
- Provide technical intelligence analysis of weapon systems and C4 networks, including analyzing printed circuit boards, hardware devices, including microprocessors, digital signal processors (DSP) and field programmable gate arrays (FPGAs) design, extraction of firmware, and analysis of software and firmware to understand the capabilities and performance of the system based on software analysis.
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 7+ years of experience with conducting all-source S&TI research analysis and engineering
- 2+ years of experience with software design and development
- Experience with one or more programming languages, including C++
- Experience with performing in-depth technical evaluations of foreign computer and network technologies
- 2+ years of experience with software and firmware code assembly, disassembly, and reverse engineering and software de-buggers and diagnostic tools, including IDA Pro, OllyDbg, Kali Linux, and Metasploit
- Experience in programming associated with Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs)
- Experience with Digital Signal Processing (DSP) design or modeling and analysis of Software Defined Radios (SDRs)
- Knowledge of military systems and computer network technologies, designs, and programs
- Possession of excellent verbal and written communication skills
To Apply for this Position:
You must have the Minimum Qualifications in your resume to be selected as a candidate.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, E&M Technologies, Inc. provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. More benefit details here.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022, or by your start date if it is after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.