E&M Technologies, Inc. is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. E&M provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
E&M Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking a Linux Operations Engineer to join our team in Chantilly, VA in support of the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency. The NGA delivers world-class geospatial intelligence that provides a decisive advantage to policymakers, military service members, intelligence professionals, and first responders.
- Technical planning, system hardware-software design, integration, verification, and validation, and ensuring that our releases are fielded properly to all of our environments.
- Perform system requirements analysis, integration, system testing, and quality troubleshoot and resolve system/operational incidents spanning multiple customer environments.
- Perform root cause analysis for operational incidents
- Analyze system performance and take corrective actions as needed
- Assist Tier 2 with resolving complex technical solutions and communicates/transcribes resolution of efforts within our team.
- Develops technical solutions that require coordinating with mission partners, consumer applications, and other external entities in troubleshooting enterprise incidents and integration problems
- Develops solutions to technical problems that are unclear and require deep technical knowledge by collecting data, identify and analyze trends in Operational Incidents, and provide suggestions to mitigate common issues
- Work closely with Ops Tech Lead and Development Lead to identify baseline enhancements to improve operational stability
- Work with deployment and ISP teams to support baseline deployments to operations and RCA of inconsistencies between environments
- Willingness to support off-hour calls to assist in troubleshooting when high priority operational incidents occur
- Supports the development team with the design, process, and troubleshooting of baseline updates and code changes for implementation within our operational environments
- Develops complex solutions to support architecture changes and external user needs
- Bachelor’s Degree and 6 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters degree with 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience.
- Security+ Certification or other DOD 8570 IAT Lvl II Certification
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written to internal and external customers.
- Ability to quickly learn new software and IT concepts
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Self-starter with an ability to work in a team environment and independently
- Intimately familiar with COTS products that the program leverages: Oracle Identity and Access Management (IdAM) suite, Apache webgates, and Computer Associates (CA) API Gateway
- Experience scripting in a Linux environment using Shell and Bash
- Deep understanding and background in COTS integration and custom code development
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have or be capable of obtaining a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance at the required level.
- Oracle IdAM products (OAM, OIF, OID, OVD, OUD, OIM)
- Strong Linux/UNIX experience
- PKI authentication
- Elastic Suite
- Experience participating in and effectively contributing to a highly-collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative and to work independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
To Apply for this Position
You must have the Minimum Qualifications and Education in your resume to be selected as a candidate.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, E&M Technologies, Inc. provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. More benefit details here.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022, or by your start date if it is after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.