E&M Technologies, Inc. is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. E&M provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
E&M Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking a DevOps Software Engineer T2 to join our team in Chantilly, VA in support of the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA). The NGA delivers world-class geospatial intelligence that provides a decisive advantage to policymakers, military service members, intelligence professionals, and first responders.
- Participate in software system validation and testing methods using Junit and Katalon
- Participate in software solutions to leverage automated deployment technologies
- Participate in developing prototypes and deploying solutions within Commercial Cloud Solutions leveraging Infrastructure platform services
- Support the Agile software development lifecycle following Program SAFe practices
- Apply DevOps tools like Ansible, Docker, and Jenkins to support automated deployment and containerization
- Participate in systems software development, including deployment of build artifacts across different environments leverage GitFlow constructs
- Leverage Atlassian tools like JIRA, Bitbucket, and Confluence to track development activities, control source code, and author documentation
- Create innovative solutions to meet the technical needs of customers.
- Communicate key project data to team members and build team cohesion and effectiveness.
- Provide input/suggestions on technical approach to the Agile Team Leads
- Must be local to the DC/Maryland/Virginia area and be available for occasional on-site meetings when needed.
- Candidate must have BS degree with two (2) to four (4) years of prior relevant experience
- Experience with Linux OS, including scripting in a Linux environment using Shell and Bash
- Experience with coding in Java
- Experience in multiple of the following areas, and a desire to learn the others:
- Linux OS scripting
- Database setup and integration, both relational and NoSQL (e.g., Oracle RDBMS, MySQL, CouchDB)
- Cloud infrastructure platforms (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure)
- DevOps automation tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Source control and Agile development tools (Git, Maven, Jenkins, Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence)
- Analytics and search engines (Elasticsearch, Splunk, Apache Solr)
- Experience with automated deployment tools (such as Ansible, Chef, etc.) and associated scripts or manual instruction-based software installation / deployment
- Experience updating automated deployment scripts or manual deployment instructions for software baseline
- Understanding of compute, relational database management systems, storage, networking, transport, load balancing, and security constructs as they relate to on premise and cloud infrastructures
- Knowledge of high availability architectures
- Experience as a member of an agile software development team
- Knowledge of software design patterns
- All candidates must have an Active TS/SCI clearance to start AND the ability to obtain a CI poly to be considered for the position
- Current Security+ certification
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have and be capable of maintaining a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance at the required level.
- Familiarity with one or more of the following identity, credential, and access management (ICAM) concepts/standards:
- LDAP or MS Active Directory
- PKI and TLS/SSL
- OAuth 2.0
- OpenID Connect (OIDC)
- Multi-factor Authentication (MFA)
- Familiarity with:
- Nessus Vulnerability Assessment
- OWASP Foundation
- Experience in identity management and governance, to include single sign-on, identity federation, or enterprise directory architecture and design
- Experience with web development and use of Reacts, Redux or similar
- Mobile development
- Experience participating in and effectively contributing to a highly-collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative and to work independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
To Apply for this Position:
You must have the Minimum Qualifications in your resume to be selected as a candidate.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, E&M Technologies, Inc. provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. More benefit details here.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022, or by your start date if it is after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.