E&M Technologies, Inc. is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. E&M provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
E&M Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking a Scrum Master to join our team in Chantilly, VA in support of the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency. NGA delivers world-class geospatial intelligence that provides a decisive advantage to policymakers, military service members, intelligence professionals, and first responders.
- Responsible for ensuring the team is making progress against its Program Increment commitments.
- Protects the team from scope creep during execution of the PI.
- Helps removes impediments for the team and raises larger issues to the Release Train Engineer.
- Help other team members communicate, coordinate, and cooperate; support team in meeting their delivery goals.
- Supports and enforces Scrum process and other rules.
- Helps the team coordinate with other teams on the Agile Release Train (ART) and communicates status to management as needed.
- Works with the Product Leadership Team to review and prioritize features.
- Leads and facilitates SAFe ceremonies to include sprint planning, sprint review, demos, sprint retro, PI planning, etc.
- Work with Agile Team Lead to develop User Stories to meet the Feature acceptance criteria.
- Supervise others.
- Work closely with the operations team to coordinate release trains, assess the impact to other DevSecOps processes, and schedule release timelines for those fixes.
- Acquire in-depth understanding of the large complex software system, and assess risk and understand varied customer needs.
- Leading collection, dissemination, and interpretation of development metrics
- Providing leadership and coordination to shepherd baseline releases from development code cutoff to operational deployment completion
- Requires BS degree and four (4) to eight (8) years of prior relevant experience or Masters with two (2) to four (4) years of prior relevant experience; OR eight (8) to ten (10) years of experience in lieu of degree
- Experience working as a Scrum Master, Release Train Engineer or Product Owner
- Ability to understand technical concepts and communicate them effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Leadership and staffing experience
- Experience working with a SAFe Agile software development team, managing project deadlines (ideally in a Scrum Master, Product Owner, or Development Lead role).
- Experience with briefing leadership and/or customers of key status of project progression.
- Experience communicating with and briefing status to external stakeholders, including customer/government representatives.
- Successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, good attitude, be a results-oriented team player, creative thinker, problem solver, and follow all Leidos ethical standards.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have and be capable of maintaining a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance at the required level.
- Domain knowledge and/or experience, especially familiarity with software development, DevSecOps, and/or COTS/FOSS integration.
- Familiarity with the Identity, Credential, and Access Management (ICAM), especially the Oracle IAM suite.
- Familiar with program’s suite of tools (JIRA, BitBucket, Confluence).
- Familiarity with multiple test phases (unit, regression, feature acceptance, independent validation and verification), multiple test environments, cloud and on-premise infrastructures, baseline configuration management, automated testing and deployment.
- Familiarity with DoD ICD 503 authorization and assessment process.
- Experience working with the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency.
- Holds a SAFe Agile Certification
- Experience participating in and effectively contributing to a highly-collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative and to work independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
To Apply for this Position:
You must have the Minimum Qualifications in your resume to be selected as a candidate.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, E&M Technologies, Inc. provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. More benefit details here.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022, or by your start date if it is after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.