E&M Technologies, Inc. is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. E&M provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
E&M Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking a Security Engineer T3 to join our team in Chantilly, VA in support of the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency. NGA delivers world-class geospatial intelligence that provides a decisive advantage to policymakers, military service members, intelligence professionals, and first responders.
- Leverage your security background to review and interpret security scans and vulnerabilities within the baseline.
- Provide technical guidance to development & operations teams by communicating the details of vulnerabilities and how they should be resolved through baseline code updates and/or configuration changes.
- Support development teams with custom code reviews and configuration validation, ensuring that security best practices are followed
- Review scans and findings on a weekly basis to then prioritize them as inputs to the program development backlog, in advance of upcoming milestones and release planning events
- Work to standardize and document best practices and lessons learned to ensure future baseline compliance
- Requires B.S. and four (4) to six (6) years of prior relevant experience as a Security Engineer or similar role.
- Experience with Linux OS, including scripting in a Linux environment using Shell and Bash
- Must demonstrate strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience with learning, installing, configuring, or integrating commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) or open source solutions and products
- Basic understanding of the Agile development process
- Experience with automated deployment tools (such as Ansible, Chef, etc.)
- Familiar with static code analysis and vulnerability scanning tools (Fortify, Tenable, BURP)
- Experience working with vulnerability scan interpretation and support to mitigation efforts
- Understand fundamentals of secure code review best practices
- Experience performing upgrades, patching, and vulnerability mitigation for commercial or open-source software products
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have and be capable of maintaining a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance at the required level.
- Familiarity with one or more of the following identity, credential, and access management (ICAM) concepts/standards:
- LDAP or MS Active Directory
- PKI and TLS/SSL
- OAuth 2.0
- OpenID Connect (OIDC)
- Multi-factor Authentication (MFA)
- Understanding of compute, relational database management systems, storage, networking, transport, load balancing, and security constructs as they relate to on-premise and cloud infrastructures
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Understanding of software configuration management and associated products such as Jenkins, BitBucket, gitlab
- Familiarity with Atlassian Suite (JIRA, BitBucket, Confluence)
- CISSP | CISM or similar certification
- Experience participating in and effectively contributing to a highly-collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative and to work independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
To Apply for this Position:
You must have the Minimum Qualifications in your resume to be selected as a candidate.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, E&M Technologies, Inc. provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. More benefit details here.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022, or by your start date if it is after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.