E&M Technologies, Inc. is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. E&M provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
E&M Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking a Junior DevOps Engineer to join our team in Chantilly, VA in support of the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency. The NGA delivers world-class geospatial intelligence that provides a decisive advantage to policymakers, military service members, intelligence professionals, and first responders.
- Develop, test, and maintain continuous integration/continuous deployment pipelines using DevOps tools such as Ansible, Docker, GIT, and Jenkins to ensure automated, repeatable deployment to multiple customer environments
- Identify enhancements and innovation to enable the acceleration of delivery through automation, collaboration, fast feedback, and iterative improvement.
- Design, develop, configure, test, and maintain a software stack using a mix of commercial and open-source software
- Develop and deploy prototypes and solutions within Commercial Cloud Solutions leveraging Infrastructure platform services
- Execute software system validation and testing to ensure delivery of assured solutions
- Support the Agile software development lifecycle following Program SAFe practices
- Leverage Atlassian tools like JIRA, Bitbucket, and Confluence to track development activities, control source code, and author documentation
- Communicate key project data to team members and build team cohesion and effectiveness
- Generate clear and maintainable documentation
- Generate visual media that can communicate the benefits of a software tool or system to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Mentor / assist junior members of the team
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2-4 years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Active Security+ ce certification
- Experience with Linux OS, including scripting in a Linux environment using Shell and Bash
- Experience with coding in Java
- Experience in multiple of the following areas, and a desire to learn the others:
- Database setup and integration, both relational and NoSQL (e.g., Oracle RDBMS, MySQL, CouchDB)
- Cloud infrastructure platforms (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure)
- Analytics and search engines (Elasticsearch, Splunk, Apache Solr)
- Experience with automated deployment tools and associated scripts or manual instruction-based software installation / deployment
- Experience updating automated deployment scripts or manual deployment instructions for software baseline
- Understanding of compute, relational database management systems, storage, networking, transport, load balancing, and security constructs as they relate to on premise and cloud infrastructures
- Knowledge of high availability architectures
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience as a member of an agile software development team
- Knowledge of software design patterns
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have and be capable of maintaining a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance at the required level.
- Familiarity with one or more of the following identity, credential, and access management (ICAM) concepts/standards:
- LDAP or MS Active Directory
- PKI and TLS/SSL
- OAuth 2.0
- OpenID Connect (OIDC)
- Multi-factor Authentication (MFA)
- Familiarity with:
- Nessus Vulnerability Assessment
- OWASP Foundation
- Experience in identity management and governance, to include single sign-on, identity federation, or enterprise directory architecture and design
- Experience with web development and use of Reacts, Redux or similar
- Mobile development
- Experience participating in and effectively contributing to a highly-collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative and to work independently.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
To Apply for this Position
You must have the Minimum Qualifications and Education in your resume to be selected as a candidate.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, E&M Technologies, Inc. provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. More benefit details here.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022, or by your start date if it is after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.