E&M Technologies, Inc. is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. E&M provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
E&M Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking a Linux System Administrator T5 to join our team in Chantilly, VA in support of the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency. The NGA delivers world-class geospatial intelligence that provides a decisive advantage to policymakers, military service members, intelligence professionals, and first responders.
- Design, develop, and support cloud initiatives to support customer driven needs
- Responsible for user account management and infrastructure requirements.
- Maintain program owned applications in support of a collaborative environment (JIRA, Atlassian, BitBucket, RocketChat)
- Work as a SME to define network requirements, user metrics, maintenance of our PPSM, and support to development needs.
- Responsible for infrastructure patching and OS baseline hardening
- Manage several environments as a Linux SME providing overall support to the program and working with Enterprise Services to ensure compliance with security services and applications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline and 8-12 years of experience as a Systems Administrator or similar technical role.
- Proactive self-starter demonstrating a positive, willing attitude and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Two or more years of experience with Amazon Web Services (S3 Buckets, EC2, Reserved Instances, etc.)
- Familiar with System Engineering documentation creation (VDDs, network diagrams, data flows, etc.)
- Experience working with Agile Team Collaboration tools such as (Jira, Confluence, RocketChat)
- Strong Linux background and familiarity with best practices of infrastructure management
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have or be capable of maintaining a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance at the required level.
- Experience with AWS and other cloud vendors
- Familiarity with cloud management within an air-gapped environment
- Experience with Amazon Web Services technical performance versus cost management
- Strong knowledge base in EC2, S3, Cloud Formation and other AWS services
- Experience with cloud-based architectures
- Familiar with cross domain architectures at various levels
- Experience with Jenkins, Ansible, and ELK stack
- Experience with automated testing and monitoring
- Experience with Engineering Review Boards and Change Management
- Experience participating in and effectively contributing to a highly-collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative and to work independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
To Apply for this Position
You must have the Minimum Qualifications and Education in your resume to be selected as a candidate.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, E&M Technologies, Inc. provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. More benefit details here.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022, or by your start date if it is after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.