E&M Technologies, Inc. is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. E&M provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
E&M Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking a Level 3 System Administrator to support a Federal Government client.
- Responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining operating systems on servers, including web servers, in support of business processing requirements
- Performs software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages
- Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures
- Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels
- Ensures server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions
- Develops and promotes standard operating procedures
- Conducts routine hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation
- Other duties as assigned
- B.A./B.S. or A.A. Degree with 5 or more years of prior relevant experience
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II Certification (e.g., GSEC, Security+ ce, SSCP, or CISSP)
- MCSA (Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate)
- Extensive Microsoft Infrastructure and System experience with an emphasis on Microsoft Active Directory Administration, Domain Name System (DNS), Group Policy Object (GPO), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), File services, and Print services
- Experience with Domain Name System Security (DNSSEC)
- Experience with Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), certificate issuance and server management
- Experience with Windows Server operating systems ranging from 2008-2016
- Experience monitoring for application/software updates which would impact warranty of service assets
- Experience identifying and resolving application issues
- Experience with application testing plans and deployment plans for all applications releases
- Experience with processes and procedures responsible for allowing users to make use of IT services, systems, applications, data, or other IT assets
- Implementation of operating system enhancements improving the reliability and performance of the system
- Experience in all aspect of fulfilling a customer’s approved IT request. IT requests can be either for hardware or software equipment, devices, or applications
- Experience in Incident management that restores normal service operation to meet user priority levels and minimize the adverse effect on operations, thus ensuring that the best possible levels of service quality and availability are maintained
- MCSE (Microsoft Certified Solutions Engineer)
- Experience and technical expertise and overall management of the N-NC IT Enterprise
- Experience with Microsoft Operational Framework (MOF 4.0)
- Ability, knowledge, and experience in Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- Ability, knowledge, and experience in Exchange 2007-2010
- Preferred experience with Nutanix storage and virtualization solutions
- Preferred experience with VMware vCenter Server 6.0 and higher
To Apply for this Position
You must have the Minimum Qualifications in your resume to be selected as a candidate.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, E&M Technologies, Inc. provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. More benefit details here.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022, or by your start date if it is after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.