E&M Technologies, Inc. is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. E&M provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
E&M Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking a Host Based Security System Administrator to join our team in Colorado Springs, CO in support of the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD). NORAD is a United States and Canada bi-national organization charged with the missions of aerospace warning, aerospace control and maritime warning for North America. Aerospace warning includes the detection, validation, and warning of attack against North America whether by aircraft, missiles, or space vehicles, through mutual support arrangements with other command.
- Provide HBSS/ESS Tier 2 and Tier 3 support to HQs NORAD and USNORTHCOM, and all subordinate organizations.
- Deploy, maintain, and tune McAfee clients to meet current and future standards
- Follow approved DoD, STIG standards and DoD IAVA requirements
- Advise / make recommendations of needed updates to HBSS/ESS Lead and Senior Engineer
- Assist in the maintenance and troubleshooting of HBSS/ESS management systems including but not limited to: ePO servers, agent handlers and SADR servers.
- Assist software asset managers and ESS engineers with testing and integration of software into the application whitelisting solution.
- Implement, tune, and sustain Application White Listing (AWL) on all N&NC computer systems belonging to NORAD and USNORTHCOM networks.
- Assist in training and sustainment of Tier II resources for the AWL service, and directly sustain systems managed and maintained through the HQs NORAD and USNORTHCOM N2NOMS contract.
- Validate and test new ESS/HBSS applications and configurations in a test and development environment
- Assist in the deployment of tested solutions to the production environment
- Monitor and audit configurations to ensure that unauthorized changes do not occur
- Two (2) plus years’ experience working with HBSS and applying controls/changes
- Two (2) years of system administration experience
- Current DoD 8570 IAT II certification or equivalent
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Supports Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation (C&A) and associated IA processes, procedures, and activities with capability and expertise to implement DoDD 8530.1, DoDD 8500.2, DoDI 8510.1, DoDI 8510.01 and other applicable NIST and CNSS IA directives, instructions, guidelines.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have and be capable of maintaining a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance at the required level.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical individuals.
- DISA DoD HBSS 201 and 301 Certifications
- McAfee Endpoint Security 10.7 Essentials Certification
- Windows Operating System Certification (e.x. Server+, MCSA, MCA)
- Experience developing policy for ENS Exploit Prevention, ENS Firewall, Application Whitelisting and Data Loss Prevention
- Experience participating in and effectively contributing to a highly-collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative and to work independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
To Apply for this Position:
You must have the Minimum Qualifications in your resume to be selected as a candidate.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, E&M Technologies, Inc. provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. More benefit details here.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022, or by your start date if it is after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.