E&M Technologies, Inc. is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. E&M provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
E&M Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking a Technical Control Specialist to join our team in Colorado Springs, CO in support of the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD). NORAD is a United States and Canada bi-national organization charged with the missions of aerospace warning, aerospace control and maritime warning for North America. Aerospace warning includes the detection, validation, and warning of attack against North America whether by aircraft, missiles, or space vehicles, through mutual support arrangements with other command.
- Monitor, control, and isolate problems in a data communications network.
- Monitor all network activity.
- Activate/deactivate network lines according to established schedules.
- Perform first- and/or second-level resolution of network related issues. Interface with users and/or network vendors.
- Contribute to and supports the completion of major organizational activities.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of the general aspects and technical phases of the position and their application to problems and situations encountered.
- Research assignments, processes, and analyzes data and develops recommendations.
- Competently use computers and other systems to access, maintain, and manipulate data.
- Provide leadership, direction to lower Information Systems Agency required reporting procedures.
- Perform classified level employees. In technical or production positions, may determine methods, operations, sequences; develop and/or modify products and equipment to requirements.
- Perform cryptographic changes and COMSEC inventories, including administration complying with all procedures.
- Perform system reconfigurations, as directed by the Systems Center or to restore service. Initiate, coordinate and perform troubleshooting and restoration activities during circuit outages with affected work centers, distant ends, Systems Center, Job Control, and other maintenance work centers. Monitor all transmission/processing systems and perform corrective actions, as needed.
- Accurately document all actions in an automated outage/ticketing system of record and other appropriate documents. Perform crew training and documentation, as needed. Perform all Defense destruction. Maintain work center security through proper access control procedures.
- This position is considered Mission Essential. You must be prepared for and be able to report to work and remain on site for extended periods of time during emergencies and drills. During such periods, you may be unable to maintain contact with anyone outside the site, including family and friends.
- High School diploma and a minimum of and 3 years of relevant experience. Equivalent experience/combined education, with additional specialized technical training equivalent to a technical Associate degree and/or demonstrated ability to perform assigned technical/para-engineering tasks may be considered in lieu of experience requirements.
- Must possess a current DoD 8570 IAT Level II security certification (e.g., Security+ CE)
- Must have the necessary technical and communications skills to effectively interface with internal and external customers at all levels.
- Must be able to work in a high visibility environment, focused on 24X7 mission availability, and quickly respond to customer direction/requests.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have or be capable of obtaining a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance at the required level.
- Familiarity with military customs and courtesies
- Understanding of OPSEC requirements for the USAF
- Experience participating in and effectively contributing to a highly-collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative and to work independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
To Apply for this Position:
You must have the Minimum Qualifications in your resume to be selected as a candidate.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, E&M Technologies, Inc. provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. More benefit details here.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022, or by your start date if it is after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.