E&M Technologies, Inc. is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. E&M provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
E&M Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking a Test Engineer to join our team in Colorado Springs, CO in support of the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD). NORAD is a United States and Canada bi-national organization charged with the missions of aerospace warning, aerospace control and maritime warning for North America. Aerospace warning includes the detection, validation, and warning of attack against North America whether by aircraft, missiles, or space vehicles, through mutual support arrangements with other command.
The Test Engineer is an IT (Information Technology) professional tasked with leading professionals testing mission system software for the certification of new capabilities into operational environments. Prepare test plans, procedures, and reports. Support agile teams. Create the development of test procedures. Work with signal injection platforms to test scenario generation. Provide developers with a consistent testing infrastructure and automated tests to ensure code being developed meets the customers’ needs and automated test coverage is maximized. Manage reporting and metric generation to ensure clear understanding for executive leadership.
Typical Duties Include:
- Prepare test plans, procedures, and reports.
- Support system/element level test planning and test readiness reviews.
- Document test requirements and methodologies in the requirements management system.
- Review system engineering documentation to ensure test plans and methodologies meet system needs and are accurate, comprehensive, consistent, and complete.
- Support the development of system integration plans, procedures, and scenarios used in the conduct of software/hardware system integration testing.
- Participate in engineering peer reviews as a document originator or reviewer to ensure technical quality and engineering rigor is appropriate.
- Participate in project technical risk analysis and mitigation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM related field with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience. Progressive relevant training and/or certification may be substituted for a portion of the education requirement.
- Experience in Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration Environments.
- Experience in Unit Test Development (nUnit, etc.)
- Significant relevant experience in supporting the sustainment of critical mission systems/subsystems.
- Experience working in scaled Agile environment frameworks such as SAFe.
- Experience in creating documentation in enterprise networks.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have and be capable of maintaining a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance at the required level.
- DoD IAT Level II certification (e.g., Security+ CE).
- Experience participating in and effectively contributing to a highly-collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative and to work independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
To Apply for this Position:
You must have the Minimum Qualifications in your resume to be selected as a candidate.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, E&M Technologies, Inc. provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. More benefit details here.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022, or by your start date if it is after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.