E&M Technologies, Inc. is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. E&M provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
E&M Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking a Senior Software Assurance Engineer to join our team in Colorado Springs, CO in support of the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD). NORAD is a United States and Canada bi-national organization charged with the missions of aerospace warning, aerospace control and maritime warning for North America. Aerospace warning includes the detection, validation, and warning of attack against North America whether by aircraft, missiles, or space vehicles, through mutual support arrangements with other command.
- Perform technical engineering support and research in the area of software assurance to include the analysis of software source code and binary executable files
- Perform software assurance tasks in support of the NISSC II Government ISSM, cyber assurance staff and other senior management
- Perform software analysis using automated analysis tools and manual techniques to identify exploitable vulnerabilities, and malicious indicators in software applications
- Provide detailed reports of identified issues, and work with cybersecurity and software development personnel to analyze and assist in identifying mitigations
- Conduct research on emerging software assurance tools and provide detailed reports on tool capabilities and applicability to the software assurance requirements as needed
- Examine potential security violations to determine if policy has been breached and respond in accordance with the Incident Response Plan
- Attend software assurance working group meetings and briefings as required
- Advanced troubleshooting skills for supporting complex software and infrastructures with high-reliability requirements.
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline with five (5) to ten (10) years of relevant experience; or M.S. Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline with four (4) to six (6) years or relevant experience; etc.
- Able to lift equipment up to 50 pounds
- Must possess a current DoD 8570 IAT Level II security certification (e.g., Security+ CE); OR must have the ability to obtain one within six (6) months of start date.
- Experience in scripting languages (Python, Bash, Perl, etc.)
- Experience in secure coding practices.
- Experience in using Checkmarx CxSAST or other code scanning tools & methods (such as Fortify)
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have and be capable of maintaining a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance at the required level.
- Must have the ability to travel.
- Experience coding with C, C++, C#, .net, or JAVA
- Familiarity with DoD STIGs
- Experience setting thresholds for false-positive findings in Checkmarx CxSAST
- Experience working with Government Cyber personnel to make recommendations on software assurance levels
- Knowledge of CI/CD principles
- Experience working in a SAFe Agile environment
- Experience identifying and understanding Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) notices
- Experience generating Threat Detection & Vulnerability Assessment reports
To Apply for this Position:
You must have the Minimum Qualifications in your resume to be selected as a candidate.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, E&M Technologies, Inc. provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. More benefit details here.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022, or by your start date if it is after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.