E&M Technologies, Inc. is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. E&M provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
E&M Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking a Senior Database Engineer to join our team in Colorado Springs, CO in support of the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD). NORAD is a United States and Canada bi-national organization charged with the missions of aerospace warning, aerospace control and maritime warning for North America. Aerospace warning includes the detection, validation, and warning of attack against North America whether by aircraft, missiles, or space vehicles, through mutual support arrangements with other command.
- Coordinates the technical work of others in support of projects.
- Accomplishes special studies and long-term planning, develops standards and policies to maintain state-of-the-art techniques and capabilities.
- Participates in the engineering systems acquisitions to ensure that current and future objectives are met.
- Creates top-level design specifications based on interpretations of user requirements.
- Derives mathematical description of problems and develops appropriate computational algorithm.
- Develops standards and policies for development, maintenance, and analyses of engineering systems.
- Represents the organization in technical liaison with external organizations.
- Support Agile team(s) in design, development, implementation and testing of data-centric aspects of NISSC II Products.
- Support Agile team(s) in review and refinement of Acceptance/Verification/Validation Criteria and Software/System Test approaches regarding data-centric aspects of NISSC II Products.
- Attend and Participate in Periodic Large Scale Agile Planning events.
- Attend and Participate in standard Agile ritual meetings (Sprint Planning, Daily Stand-ups, Backlog Grooming, Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives).
- BS/BA and ten (10) to fourteen (14) years of progressive, relevant experience; or a MS degree in a computer or system science discipline and eight (8) to twelve (12) years of progressive experience; or a PhD degree in a computer or system science discipline and four (4) to seven (7) years of progressive experience
- Requires demonstrated technical expertise in engineering systems design and analysis.
- SQL SERVER 2019 Development
- Scaled Agile
- CI/CD Automation
- Atlassian Suite Agile Experience
- Must possess a current DoD 8570 IAT Level II security certification (e.g., Security+ CE); OR must have the ability to obtain one within 6 months of start date.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have and be capable of maintaining a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance at the required level.
- Experience participating in and effectively contributing to a highly-collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative and to work independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
To Apply for this Position:
You must have the Minimum Qualifications in your resume to be selected as a candidate.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, E&M Technologies, Inc. provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. More benefit details here.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022, or by your start date if it is after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.