E&M Technologies, Inc. is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. E&M provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
E&M Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking a Combined Space Operations Center Lead to join our team in Colorado Springs, CO in support of the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD). NORAD is a United States and Canada bi-national organization charged with the missions of aerospace warning, aerospace control and maritime warning for North America. Aerospace warning includes the detection, validation, and warning of attack against North America whether by aircraft, missiles, or space vehicles, through mutual support arrangements with other command.
The Combined Space Operations Center Lead provides technical interface with clients and provide leadership and training to junior positions in the area of engineering systems design and analysis. Independently develops new and improved techniques and procedures to solve problems with complex and unusual features. Coordinates the technical work of others in support of projects. Accomplishes special studies and long-term planning, develops standards and policies to maintain state-of-the-art techniques and capabilities.
Shift work is required to support 24×7 operations. It is important to be available to work any shift/designated hours required to include nights, weekends and holidays on a modified Panama schedule.
Typical duties include:
- Participates in the engineering systems acquisitions to ensure that current and future objectives are met.
- Creates top-level design specifications based on interpretations of user requirements.
- Derives mathematical description of problems and develops appropriate computational algorithm.
- Develops standards and policies for development, maintenance, and analyses of engineering systems.
- Represents the organization in technical liaison with external organizations.
- 10-14 years of experience in System Administration specifically in the government space.
- Security+ ce certification
- Demonstrated technical expertise in engineering systems design and analysis.
- Working knowledge and system administration experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux environments
- Working knowledge and system administration experience with Microsoft Windows operating systems (OS) administration and associated hardware.
- Working knowledge of Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) technologies
- Cyber and Space Operations experience desired
- Know the difference between virtual machine and Remote Desktop
- Basic Windows System Administration experience Or Background with SPADOC or space situational analysis or space orbital analysis.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have and be capable of maintaining a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance at the required level.
- Experience participating in and effectively contributing to a highly-collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative and to work independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
To Apply for this Position:
You must have the Minimum Qualifications in your resume to be selected as a candidate.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, E&M Technologies, Inc. provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. More benefit details here.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.