E&M Technologies, Inc. is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. E&M provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
E&M Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking a Juniper/Cisco Network Engineer to join our team in Colorado Springs, CO in support of the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD). NORAD is a United States and Canada bi-national organization charged with the missions of aerospace warning, aerospace control and maritime warning for North America. Aerospace warning includes the detection, validation, and warning of attack against North America whether by aircraft, missiles, or space vehicles, through mutual support arrangements with other command.
- Monitoring network performance and reporting status to Government and contractor leadership; maintaining technical expertise in all areas of networks, software interconnection, network interfacing, and networking hardware such as routers, switches, firewalls, and other network management appliances
- Evaluating and reporting on new communications technologies to enhance CMSFS network capabilities and security
- Maintaining and improving the already excellent relationship between Government leadership and the NISSC II contractor team
- Serving as a NISSC II team Subject Matter Expert (SME) and advisor on all matters related to Network Infrastructure processes and mission systems status
- B.S. degree
- Must possess a current DoD 8570 IAT Level II security certification (e.g., Security+ CE); OR must have the ability to obtain one within 6 months of start date.
- Must have demonstrated minimum of (8) years of experience with providing support for network infrastructure operations, maintenance, sustainment, network project design and implementation
- Must have demonstrated minimum of (8) years of experience with configuring, deploying, and managing Network Infrastructure devices including, but not limited to, Routers, Switches, Firewalls, and Appliances within Local, Campus/Base, and Wide area networks of varying sizes and complexity and within “Multi-Vendor” hardware supported environments
- Must have demonstrated extensive knowledge and experience with the administration of Juniper Network Operating System (JunOS) software; to include the configuration, deployment, and management of various Juniper Networks hardware platforms including, but not limited to, Juniper EX/QFX Series Switches, MX Series Routers, SRX Series Firewalls, and Network Management/Security Appliances
- Must have demonstrated extensive knowledge and experience with the administration of Cisco Internetwork Operating System software (Cisco IOS/IOS-XE); to include the configuration, deployment, and management of various Cisco hardware platforms including, but not limited to, Cisco chassis multi-layer Core routing and switching platforms within a virtualized environment (VSS/StackWise), Cisco Access layer switches, ASA/Firepower Firewalls, and Access Control Appliances
- Must have experience with the administration and management of various Layer 2 protocols and concepts; to include, but not limited to, Virtual Switching Systems (VSS), Virtual Chassis, Port Aggregation (Port-channel/Etherchannel), LACP, Spanning-Tree variances, 802.1q Trunking, VLANs, 802.1x authentication and port security mechanisms, MAC/ARP databases
- Must have experience with the administration and management of various Layer 3 protocols and concepts; to include, but not limited to, static routing, Internal and External dynamic routing protocols (e.g., OSPF/BGP), Redundant Routing Protocols (HSRP/VRRP), Access Control Lists and Firewall Filter/Policy implementation
- Must have experience with network access and authentication control systems, servers and appliances and protocols; to include Radius and TACACS+
- Must have experience with the configuration, deployment, and administration of Network Monitoring, Diagnostic, and Analytic tools, to include Syslog collection servers, and utilization of SNMP based Network Management Systems (e.g, IPSwitch WhatsUP Gold, Solarwinds NPM Orion, or other) to monitor network performance and respond to network outages and anomalies
- Must have experience with the management and utilization of Microsoft DHCP Servers, IP Address Management (IPAM), and working within components of the Microsoft Active Directory structure
- Must have or be able to quickly obtain a current professional network administration certificate for Juniper and/or Cisco (e.g. JNCIA, JNCIS, JNCP, CCNA, CCNP)
- Must be able to prepare, objectively review, and deliver technical presentations if/as required
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have and be capable of maintaining a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance at the required level.
- Previous experience with DoD and/or U.S. Air Force network administration and engineering of unclassified and classified networks, and interfacing with multiple DoD Agencies is highly desired
- Previous experience with the management of Voice over IP (VoIP) systems; including the administration of communication servers or appliances, and IP Phones is a plus
- Experience participating in and effectively contributing to a highly-collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative and to work independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
To Apply for this Position:
You must have the Minimum Qualifications in your resume to be selected as a candidate.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, E&M Technologies, Inc. provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. More benefit details here.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022, or by your start date if it is after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.