E&M Technologies, Inc. is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. E&M provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
E&M Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking a Network Engineer to join our team in Colorado Springs, CO in support of the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD). NORAD is a United States and Canada bi-national organization charged with the missions of aerospace warning, aerospace control and maritime warning for North America. Aerospace warning includes the detection, validation, and warning of attack against North America whether by aircraft, missiles, or space vehicles, through mutual support arrangements with other command.
- Design, develop, build, and test network engineering solutions as part of a team that introduces new technologies and/or improves existing technologies in compliance with established project management processes
- Lead major project initiatives and develop configurations using expertise in routing protocols, firewalls, datacenter protocols, security requirements and network virtualization
- Troubleshoot, develop, and design network architectures consisting of multilevel access and multilevel security platforms supporting both CONUS and OCONUS sites
- Configure, install, and troubleshoot Cisco routers, switches, VOIP systems, video teleconferencing, and various other network and telecommunication components
- Analyze and determine corrective action for secure data communications networks
- Program and troubleshoot KG-175/250/255x TACLANE Encryptors
- Create/modify Microsoft Visio and AutoCAD network diagrams and drawings
- Adapt to changing environments and coordinate large scale implementations using available resources
- Responsible for conducting site surveys, installing, and configuring network and boundary protection solutions; acting as program liaison; and assisting in data collection and validation efforts at each location
- CCNA, DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II certification (e.g., Security+, CCNA Security, GSEC, CISSP, etc.)
- Two (2) to five (5) years’ experience in:
- Hands on experience with Cisco switches, routers, and firewalls
- Familiarity with encryption devices and configurations – ViaSat, GD
- LAN/WAN environments supporting OSI model
- Configuring and deploying Static Routes, RIP, OSPF, ISIS and BGP dynamic routing protocols
- VLANs, SVIs, and redundant gateway protocols
- Maintenance and control networks and related environments together with structures software, programs software, hardware, and configurations
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving hardware and network/system problems,
- Layout the design and implementation of new solutions to improve network resilience
- Experience with DoD STIGs (as related to networking devices)
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have and be capable of maintaining a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance at the required level.
- Familiarity with Cisco switches, routers and SDWAN devices and TACLANE encryption devices
- Have working knowledge of Ethernet and optical networking – MPLS, L2/L3 VPNs, OC-x
- Ability to perform technical validation of network designs in accordance with industry best practices and DoD policies and guidelines
- Experience working in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Environment
- Knowledge of architecture frameworks (i.e, DoDAF, TOGAF, etc.)
- Experience in requirements development and management
- Knowledge of virtual environments – VMware, AWS, Microsoft Azure, SDN/SDDC
- Experience participating in and effectively contributing to a highly-collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative and to work independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
To Apply for this Position:
You must have the Minimum Qualifications in your resume to be selected as a candidate.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, E&M Technologies, Inc. provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. More benefit details here.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022, or by your start date if it is after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.