E&M Technologies, Inc. is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. E&M provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
E&M Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking a Technical Manual Writer to join our team in Colorado Springs, CO in support of the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD). NORAD is a United States and Canada bi-national organization charged with the missions of aerospace warning, aerospace control and maritime warning for North America. Aerospace warning includes the detection, validation, and warning of attack against North America whether by aircraft, missiles, or space vehicles, through mutual support arrangements with other command.
- Preparation, coordination and consolidation of documentation artifacts IAW DoD/DID standards and/or corporate templates and requirements for a review. This will primarily include software user manuals, maintenance manuals, security guides, work instructions, CDRL requirements, and meeting minutes.
- Participation in planning and design of artifacts (both internal and CDRL based; templates and content). This may include the creation of procedures based on standardized templates and the conversion of legacy documentation into current standardized templates.
- Coordinates review, publication, and delivery of artifacts.
- Attends and participates in large-scale Agile planning events.
- Supports standard Agile ritual meetings (sprint planning, daily stand-ups, backlog grooming, sprint reviews, and retrospectives) as necessary.
- Works closely with a variety of technical subject matter experts and works to translate requirements into easy-to-understand procedures and processes. Self-sufficient ownership of work and interaction with multiple design teams/engineers is required to secure content necessary for content creation/revision.
- Determines the clearest and most logical way to present information for the greatest reader comprehension.
- Maintains revision controls, works with databases and digital libraries, and manages multiple projects and priorities in a dynamic work environment.
- Two (2) plus years of Higher Education with two (2) to three (3) years progressive experience, or any equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- Fluency in common technical and office software such as Word, Adobe Acrobat DC Pro, SharePoint, and FrameMaker.
- Attention to detail and ability to check technical material for consistency and accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Must understand grammatical conventions and write in a clear and fluent manner. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Adept at coordination and integration of content from various stakeholders.
- Must have strong time management skills, be highly self-motivated, and be able to work independently as well as within a collaborative team environment.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills paired with a willingness to take on new challenges and build on current skills.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have and be capable of maintaining a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance at the required level.
- Experience working on government documentation including software user manuals, and CRDL deliveries.
- Experience in production and delivery of documents and artifacts IAW DoD/DID standards and/or corporate templates and requirements.
- Experience with the ETIMS TO system.
- Experience participating in and effectively contributing to a highly-collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative and to work independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
To Apply for this Position:
You must have the Minimum Qualifications in your resume to be selected as a candidate.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, E&M Technologies, Inc. provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. More benefit details here.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022, or by your start date if it is after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.