E&M Technologies, Inc. is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. E&M provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
E&M Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking a Network Operations Center (NOC) System Administrator to join our team in Colorado Springs, CO in support of the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD). NORAD is a United States and Canada bi-national organization charged with the missions of aerospace warning, aerospace control and maritime warning for North America. Aerospace warning includes the detection, validation, and warning of attack against North America whether by aircraft, missiles, or space vehicles, through mutual support arrangements with other command.
The Network Operations Center (NOC) System Administrator will be a part of the 21st Communications Squadron (21CS) Network Operations Center team in support of CMSFS mission centers, active-duty military customers, Government civilians and tenants, and contractors.
Typical Duties Include:
- Ensure all network and service monitoring tools are configured, optimized, and tuned to enable proactive network monitoring.
- Ensure all cybersecurity tools are configured, optimized, and tuned to enable proactive network defense.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve system hardware, software and networking issues.
- Configure, optimize, fine-tune, and monitor operating system software and hardware.
- Respond to enterprise cyber security events by, blocking accounts, network isolation, access control list modification, emergency system changes, DISA first responder requirements, utilize current capability OSCAR tool, Security Technical Implementation Guides/Anti-Virus (STIG/AV) scanning, and hash validation.
- Monitor network behavior, analyze, initiate response, and report on cybersecurity events.
- Provide guidance, direction, and training to others in the group. Serve as backup to other computer systems administrators.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates’ Degree in a computer field with a minimum of 4 years of experience functioning as an IT System Administrator or Network Administrator. In lieu of a degree, 6 years of relevant education, training, certifications, and experience is required.
- Active DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification (e.g., Security+ CE)
- Must have or be able to quickly obtain a certificate for HBSS, ACAS, and Splunk
- Must have past or current experience with Remedy or a similarly trouble ticket system in a high-tempo, dynamic, operations-based Help Desk environment.
- Must be capable of supporting the CMSFS 24x7x365 environment independently as they may work alone.
- Working knowledge and system administration of Microsoft Windows operating systems (OS) administration and associated hardware.
- Working knowledge of Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) technologies
- Know the difference between virtual machine and Remote Desktop
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have and be capable of maintaining a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance at the required level.
- Knowledge of Linux and Microsoft operating systems as well as various Microsoft services and applications to include; SCCM, SQL DHCP, DNS, Print, and Windows Deployment Server (WDS)
- General knowledge of VMware virtual desktop environment (VMware View Connection server, vCenter server, vSAN Storage, Nutanix software) and associated dependencies
- Understanding of network topologies and protocols
- Remedy trouble ticket experience and skills
- Solarwinds or What’s Up Gold (WUG) experience and skills
- Demonstrated experience interfacing with senior Air Force and/or DoD customers, as well as experience serving multiple DoD Agencies, is highly desired
- Experience participating in and effectively contributing to a highly-collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative and to work independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
To Apply for this Position:
You must have the Minimum Qualifications in your resume to be selected as a candidate.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, E&M Technologies, Inc. provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. More benefit details here.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022, or by your start date if it is after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.