E&M Technologies, Inc. is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. E&M provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
E&M Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking a Senior System Administrator to join our team in Colorado Springs, CO in support of the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD). NORAD is a United States and Canada bi-national organization charged with the missions of aerospace warning, aerospace control and maritime warning for North America. Aerospace warning includes the detection, validation, and warning of attack against North America whether by aircraft, missiles, or space vehicles, through mutual support arrangements with other command.
- Install/configure and troubleshoot RedHat servers, Windows servers, NetApps, VMware vCenter, ESXi, Horizon, VDI’s, NetBackup, Oracle Databases 11g and Microsoft SQL. Develop and document technical processes and procedures. Make recommendations to purchase hardware, software, system components.
- Interact, meet, discuss, and troubleshoot issues with vendors; evaluate vendor products, services, and suggestions.
- Ensure necessary administration tasks are completed, recommend, and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
- Provide highly skilled Systems Administration/Integration support of complex environments.
- Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network, software, hardware, and system engineers, end users, and customer and IT management.
- Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Computer Science field and a minimum of 10 years of experience. Additional education, training, or experience may be considered in lieu of education or training requirements.
- Must possess a current DoD 8570 IAT Level II security certification (e.g., Security+ ce)
- VCP, VCAP, RHCSA, or MCSE certification
- Experience in administration of complex applications on Windows and Unix/Linux platforms.
- Experience with Linux and Windows system administration including installing and configuring systems from the OS level up.
- Experience with VMWare installation and configuration and administration of EXSi hosts, deploying and configuring VMware vCenter, configure virtual storage using ISCSI and NFS storage.
- Experience with Information Assurance policies and procedures and the ability to apply IA requirements to an existing system, experience with applying group policies from Active Directory.
- Experience with scripting languages (developing, debugging, and maintaining)
- Understanding of basic networking, including subnets, routing and VLANs.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have and be capable of maintaining a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance at the required level.
- Knowledge of / aptitude with:
- Containerized Virtual Environments
- Authentication services including Active Directory, Radius, NPS.
- Server support including Linux, Windows, VMWare.
- Network services including DNS, DHCP
- Technical aptitude and ability to administer network services including Active Directory, Radius, and NPS.
- Ability to troubleshoot and accurately identify root cause of infrastructure issues.
- Strong collaboration capabilities to work closely with Government customers and Agile Teams.
- Experience participating in and effectively contributing to a highly-collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative and to work independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
To Apply for this Position:
You must have the Minimum Qualifications in your resume to be selected as a candidate.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, E&M Technologies, Inc. provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. More benefit details here.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022, or by your start date if it is after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.