E&M Technologies, Inc. is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. E&M provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
E&M Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking a Senior Network Engineer to join our team in Colorado Springs, CO in support of the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD). NORAD is a United States and Canada bi-national organization charged with the missions of aerospace warning, aerospace control and maritime warning for North America. Aerospace warning includes the detection, validation, and warning of attack against North America whether by aircraft, missiles, or space vehicles, through mutual support arrangements with other command.
- Coordinate the technical work of others in support of projects.
- Accomplish special studies and long-term planning, develop standards and policies to maintain state-of-the-art capabilities.
- Participate in engineering system acquisitions to ensure that current and future objectives are met.
- Represent Jacobs Technology as a technical liaison with external organizations.
- Support Agile team(s) in design, development, implementation, and testing of data-centric products.
- Support Agile team(s) in review and refinement of Database architectures.
- Attend and participate in standard Agile meetings (Sprint Planning, Daily Stand-ups, Backlog Grooming, Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives).
- Bachelor’s Degree and 10-14 years of progressive, relevant experience; or a Master’s Degree in a computer or system science discipline and 8-12 years of progressive experience; or a Doctor’s Degree in a computer or system science discipline and 4-7 years of progressive experience in managing and administering Oracle Databases.
- Must possess a current:
- Security+ ce
- Oracle Certified Professional 11G, 12C
- Experience with:
- Oracle 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g and 12c DBA
- RAC – Installation and configuration, maintenance
- Data Guard – Installation, configuration and maintenance (Grid Control)
- Oracle Enterprise Manager – ASM, ADDM, ASH
- Oracle Grid Control (OEM 11 and 12)
- Grid – Installation, configuration and maintenance
- Extensive RMAN, Backup and Recovery
- ASM – Installation, configuration and maintenance
- Performance Tuning (ADDM, AWR, STATSPACK, BSTAT/ESTAT, RDBMS_SQLTUNE, TKPROF, GRID CONTROL SQL TUNING TOOLS)
- Oracle Advance Security
- Installing, Patching, Upgrades
- Background in reporting and statistics
- KSH shell scripting
- Data Warehouse (migration from OLTP, performance tuning)
- Oracle on VMware, installations, configurations, migrations
- Extensive experience with Unix, Linux and Windows operating systems
- Golden Gate – Installation, configuration
- Oracle Golden Gate Director, Client and Monitor, installation and configuration
- Oracle Advanced Security
- STIG implementation on Oracle 11g (Installation, Database, Instance)
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have and be capable of maintaining a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance at the required level.
- Experience participating in and effectively contributing to a highly-collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative and to work independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
To Apply for this Position:
You must have the Minimum Qualifications in your resume to be selected as a candidate.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, E&M Technologies, Inc. provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. More benefit details here.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022, or by your start date if it is after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.