E&M Technologies, Inc. is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. E&M provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
E&M Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking a Junior Splunk Administrator to join our team in Colorado Springs, CO in support of the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD). NORAD is a United States and Canada bi-national organization charged with the missions of aerospace warning, aerospace control and maritime warning for North America. Aerospace warning includes the detection, validation, and warning of attack against North America whether by aircraft, missiles, or space vehicles, through mutual support arrangements with other command.
- Assist in managing various components of Splunk, including license management, indexers and search heads, configuration, monitoring, editing shared objects, alerts, and tag events on no less than 6 Splunk Servers
- Support Information Assurance (IA) requirements by implementing appropriate levels of system security protocols to segregate non-PII indexes and monitor for and remediate Personally Identifiable Information (PII) incidents.
- Effectively communicate, collaborate, and coordinate with internal and external resources to manage across all environments including patching, deployments, and other maintenance downtimes.
- Manage Log Indexes (application, data service, security service, Mule Application server, WebLogic server, application end-user activities, IP Addresses, etc.)
- Manage User Access to ensure appropriate access to appropriate indexes
- Manage, and support automation solutions for Splunk deployment and orchestration in on-premises environments
- Must possess a current DoD 8570 IAT Level II security certification (e.g., Security+ ce)
- Experience with:
- Splunk Engineering
- Linux and SQL/ODBC interfaces
- Hands-on experience performing Splunk administration or engineering activities in an enterprise environment, DoD preferred
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have and be capable of maintaining a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance at the required level.
- Splunk Certified Core Power User Certification
- Familiar with Unix/Bash or Python scripting and have SQL experience a plus
- Unix/Bash or Python scripting experience
- Experience in server and network hardware technologies
- Experience participating in and effectively contributing to a highly-collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative and to work independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
To Apply for this Position:
You must have the Minimum Qualifications in your resume to be selected as a candidate.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, E&M Technologies, Inc. provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. More benefit details here.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022, or by your start date if it is after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.