E&M Technologies, Inc. is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. E&M provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
E&M Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking a Systems Engineer to join our team in Colorado Springs, CO in support of the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD). NORAD is a United States and Canada bi-national organization charged with the missions of aerospace warning, aerospace control and maritime warning for North America. Aerospace warning includes the detection, validation, and warning of attack against North America whether by aircraft, missiles, or space vehicles, through mutual support arrangements with other command.
- Speak to and collaborate with a variety of people, such as clients, vendors, and management and information technology (IT) staff during the creation and maintenance of a system.
- Define executable level requirements and developing technical solutions that satisfy them.
- Engage in quality control procedures to ensure that systems are efficient and operational.
- Develop a cost-efficient system for projects by performing a cost-benefit analysis.
- Develop a detailed understanding of how the different components of the overall system and its external interfaces interact and communicate.
- Create architectural views and other drawings that document the system design and guide its implementation.
- Develop a Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) that traces requirements to verification methods, designs solutions, and test cases.
- Create and deliver high-quality requirements and design presentations for customer approval.
- Ensure changes to system configurations are accomplished IAW organizational configuration control processes and procedures.
- Identify and document system and projects cost, schedule, and technical risks, and develops mitigation strategies.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 6-8 years of engineering or related experience.
- Broad understanding of system designs and how they interact with each other
- Experience developing executable-level requirements from customer statement of needs.
- Understanding of the key characteristics of good requirements
- Experience working with and creating DoDAF architectural views
- Experience creating system drawings, such as rack elevations and network topologies.
- Extensive knowledge of the system engineering processes
- Good understanding of configuration management processes and procedures
- Experience creating and updating RTMs
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Fundamental understanding of networking
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technology
- Detail-oriented and success driven
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have and be capable of maintaining a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance at the required level.
- Understanding of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and how to work within it to obtain system accreditations
- Experience working within Agile teams
- Experience mentoring junior system engineers
- Understanding of event-driven software architectures and pub/sub messaging
- Knowledgeable about communications protocols, such as TCP, UDP, and HTTP
- Experience working within a VMware Tanzu environment
- Experience working on CCIC2S systems
- Experience participating in and effectively contributing to a highly-collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative and to work independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in a scaled Agile environment framework such as SAFe.
- Experience working with or familiarization with JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
To Apply for this Position:
You must have the Minimum Qualifications in your resume to be selected as a candidate.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, E&M Technologies, Inc. provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. More benefit details here.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022, or by your start date if it is after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.