E&M Technologies, Inc. is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. E&M provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
E&M Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking a Video/Mission Systems Maintenance Technician to join our team in Colorado Springs, CO in support of the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD). NORAD is a United States and Canada bi-national organization charged with the missions of aerospace warning, aerospace control and maritime warning for North America. Aerospace warning includes the detection, validation, and warning of attack against North America whether by aircraft, missiles, or space vehicles, through mutual support arrangements with other command.
- Install, configure, verify, and operate the VDS, surveillance, and all associated equipment, Cheyenne Mountain Cable TV System consisting of several channels and broadcasts throughout the complex (including several buildings outside the complex)
- Install, configure, verify, and operate the Intrusion Detection System (IDS)/surveillance cameras external/internal to the facility, Vindicator Systems, and the Mobile VTCs, along with reporting circuit outages
- Work under immediate supervision and achieve technical guidance, as required, from the Project Manager
- Perform installation, removal, configuration, and operation of voice and/or non-voice communications systems including intercom and public address systems, alarm systems, teletype equipment, and terminal and communications equipment, including line drivers
- Run cables, key cables, or house wire to all video/alarm equipment, terminal connectors, lugs, pins, or screws, associated with video/alarm equipment and/or terminating equipment for non-voice circuits
- High School Diploma/GED and 5 years of related technical experience
- Active DoD 8570 certification (e. g., Security+ ce)
- Ability to provide support to install, configure, operate and troubleshoot applicable equipment
- Ability to provide support for on-the-spot diagnostic evaluations, implementation of corrections, and training of users in proper operations of systems and programs
- Ability to work from rough engineering notes, drawings, sketches, and verbal instructions or defined plans to perform appropriate tasks
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have and be capable of maintaining a U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) security clearance at the required level
- Vindicator training / Crestron training/programming
- Background in operations planning, work order management, and automated outage-reporting tools in a “real-time” support environment
- Understanding of OPSEC requirements for the USAF
- Ability to prepare, objectively review, and deliver technical presentations
- Experience with technical knowledge capture, training, and certification of personnel
- Have demonstrated experience and capability with interfacing with the Air Force Customer at very high levels as well as interfaced with multiple DoD Agencies
- Experience participating in and effectively contributing to a highly-collaborative team environment
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative and to work independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
To Apply for this Position:
You must have the Minimum Qualifications in your resume to be selected as a candidate.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, E&M Technologies, Inc. provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. More benefit details here.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022, or by your start date if it is after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.