E&M Technologies, Inc. is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. E&M provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
E&M Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking a DevOps Lead Platform Engineer to join our team in Colorado Springs, CO in support of the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD). NORAD is a United States and Canada bi-national organization charged with the missions of aerospace warning, aerospace control and maritime warning for North America. Aerospace warning includes the detection, validation, and warning of attack against North America whether by aircraft, missiles, or space vehicles, through mutual support arrangements with other command.
- Research tools and develop the Tanzu Application Platform, to include processes, standards, and procedures
- Work with Software developers to hone the Tanzu Application Platform to assist in effective delivery of new and future software features
- Provide technical guidance and perform tasks related to architecting, researching, and implementing various tools and applications while supporting DoD RMF best practices
- Plan, coordinate, and prioritize tasks for a largely self-managed team
- Provide direction and mentorship to team members in support of required tasks
- Analyze and demonstrate new strategies for application builds/package stages and related processes to improve automation for continuous delivery of program components
- Assist with evaluating pipeline activities and processes, implementing tools, and developing procedures for streamlining delivery activities
- Evaluate and recommend new procedures and techniques for improvements within a modern framework which includes Kubernetes, container services, and automation tools
- Review methods for using tools related to build software like Git, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Jenkins, Harbor, Nexus, Jira, Gitlab
- Prepare and deliver team progress reports and briefs for stakeholder engagements
- Engage and contribute to team activities which follow the Agile framework
- Bachelor’s Degree and 6-10 years of relevant experience
- Active DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification (e.g., Security+ ce)
- 2-4 years of experience leading small teams
- 4-5 years of experience performing sysadmin related job functions
- 2-3 years of more recent experience working directly with developer tools and instrumentation
- 3 or more years of experience in software development; including an understanding of the development process from end-to-end (use of Git, package managers, remote repositories, branching strategies, scripting, and dependency management)
- Experience with Kubernetes and container deployments using YAML, Unix shell scripting, PowerShell, or similar command-line interfaces
- Applicable experience in a developer’s role and ability to contribute to improving the developer experience
- Demonstrated capabilities in industry best practices surrounding software builds along with CICD pipeline management including unit tests, security scans, artifact repository usage, Maven and Gradle, and use of software development tooling
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have and be capable of maintaining a U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) security clearance at the required level
- Managerial or other leadership experience
- Software developer experience from a developer point-of-view
- Understanding of container management and Kubernetes
- Experience in DevSecOps to include phases, gates, and stages
- Systems administrator and RMF experience in DoD
- Capable of multi-tasking
- Talent for problem solving, problem resolution, and skilled in deconflicting priorities
- Experience participating in and effectively contributing to a highly-collaborative team environment
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative and to work independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
To Apply for this Position:
You must have the Minimum Qualifications in your resume to be selected as a candidate.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, E&M Technologies, Inc. provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. More benefit details here.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022, or by your start date if it is after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.