E&M Technologies, Inc. is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. E&M provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
E&M Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking a DevSecOps Project Engineer to join our team in Colorado Springs, CO in support of the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD). NORAD is a United States and Canada bi-national organization charged with the missions of aerospace warning, aerospace control and maritime warning for North America. Aerospace warning includes the detection, validation, and warning of attack against North America whether by aircraft, missiles, or space vehicles, through mutual support arrangements with other command.
- Maintain responsibility for the successful delivery of software and infrastructure engineering projects, as well as planning and executing in waterfall and/or Agile methodologies
- Serve as point of contact for assigned service delivery teams as project manager
- Lead and manage multiple projects and activities of varying methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Kanban), types, and sizes, ensuring objectives and project deliverables are accomplished according to plan
- Create and manage all required project artifacts, including schedules and status and velocity reports
- Coordinate and facilitate project meetings, standups, and other ceremonies
- Effectively manage project lifecycle, including project backlog
- Lead planning sessions, estimating, and retrospectives or lessons learned
- Utilize project management tools and applications to provide project status and reporting, while adhering to processes, documentation standards, and best practices
- Effectively manage time and prioritize tasks and work streams to achieve department and business goals
- Manage risks and issues, track and resolve dependencies, and utilize resources to remove impediments to the team
- Collaborate with colleague Scrum masters, program, project, and product managers within the organization
- Implement Sprint, Kanban, or Waterfall approach to organize project requests, assign project requests, manage resources, and track completion
- 6 years of experience leading complex projects within project management frameworks such as waterfall and agile methodologies, OR Bachelor’s Degree in STEM OR Project Management and 2 years of relevant experience
- PMP certification
- Experience with project management tools, such as Jira, Trello, or similar
- Excellent organization and communication skills, with strong and consistent attention to detail
- Ability to effectively summarize status and communicate with senior leadership
- Demonstrated ability and flexibility to effectively manage multiple tasks and project requirements
- Ability and desire to continually learn new technologies, project management methodologies, and adapt to ever-changing business and industry needs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with proven proficiency delivering presentations to technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience in developing, maintaining, and managing project schedules
- Strong facilitation, planning, communication and presentation skills, the capability to listen and influence
- Demonstrated collaboration and teaming skills at all levels of the organization and work experience developing effective stakeholder and partner relationships
- Demonstrated self-starter capable of performing duties with little guidance
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have and be capable of maintaining a U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) security clearance at the required level
- CSM, CAPM, SSM, or other project management certification
- Foundational understanding of software and infrastructure engineering technologies (compute, storage, network, database, cloud, DevOps, infrastructure as code, front/back-end development)
- Foundational understanding of cloud technologies
- Experience participating in and effectively contributing to a highly-collaborative team environment
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative and to work independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
To Apply for this Position:
You must have the Minimum Qualifications in your resume to be selected as a candidate.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, E&M Technologies, Inc. provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. More benefit details here.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022, or by your start date if it is after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.