E&M Technologies, Inc. is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. E&M provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
E&M Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking a Computer Operator – Message Distribution Center to join our team in Colorado Springs, CO in support of the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD). NORAD is a United States and Canada bi-national organization charged with the missions of aerospace warning, aerospace control and maritime warning for North America. Aerospace warning includes the detection, validation, and warning of attack against North America whether by aircraft, missiles, or space vehicles, through mutual support arrangements with other command.
The Computer Operator will operate the systems housed within the Message Distribution Center (MDC) to include Secure Messaging and Routing Terminal Next Generation (SMART.neXt)
Shift work is required to support 24×7 operations. It is important to be available to work any shift/designated hours required including nights, weekends, and holidays on a modified Panama schedule.
Typical Duties Include:
- Facilitate the excellent relationship between Government active duty/civilian customers and contractor team
- Use Remedy and similar management tools to complete and assign trouble tickets for network, PC, laptop, KVM, printer, and other IT issues
- Initiate responses, tracking, updating, reviewing, and concluding actions in Remedy
- Manually handle, review, and edit messages, turning on/off intercepts and equipment
- Recall and service messages, as well as monitoring systems to maintain continuous system availability
- Perform log analysis, error detection, fault correction, data line alternate routing, message intercept and retrieval
- Perform startups, reboots, server swaps, and shutdowns of the systems
- Report job status to MDC leaders
- Support the customer’s annual exercises, planned monthly relocations, and unplanned real-world events
- High School Diploma/GED and a minimum of 3 years of experience with computer systems and Military Mission Operations. Relevant training and/or certification may be substituted for a portion of this requirement.
- Professional customer service orientation and demeanor.
- A broad understanding of client peripherals including KVMs, card readers, monitors, servers, and printers.
- Must be able to complete training and receive MDC crew qualification within 60 Days.
- Experience handling and protecting highly classified information, data, and systems.
- Able to work flexible shifts as required, including days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Demeanor commensurate with working professionally alongside peers and leaders in a diverse, team environment.
- Willingness to prioritize and quickly respond to customer requests.
- Reliable all-weather transportation and ability to remain onsite for extended periods of time during emergency and operations readiness exercises (drills).
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have and be capable of maintaining a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance at the required level.
- DoD IAT Level II certification (e.g., Security+ ce)
- Experience with military command, control, and communications hardware.
- Technical and communications skills to enable effective dialogue between internal and external customers, at all levels.
- Knowledge of and successful experience with DoD cryptographic equipment and related material handling and use.
- Knowledge of and successful experience with troubleshooting computer systems, networks, and Operating systems, including Solaris, Unix, and/or Linux.
- Basic knowledge of and experience with Department of Defense messaging and messaging systems.
- Successful experience in a high-visibility, mission-focused environment where systems availability is closely monitored and prioritized.
To Apply for this Position:
You must have the Minimum Qualifications in your resume to be selected as a candidate.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, E&M Technologies, Inc. provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. More benefit details here.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022, or by your start date if it is after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.