E&M Technologies, Inc. is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. E&M provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
E&M Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking a Legacy Space System Administrator to join our team in Colorado Springs, CO in support of the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD). NORAD is a United States and Canada bi-national organization charged with the missions of aerospace warning, aerospace control and maritime warning for North America. Aerospace warning includes the detection, validation, and warning of attack against North America whether by aircraft, missiles, or space vehicles, through mutual support arrangements with other command.
The TDF Legacy Space System Administrator will install and configure software, including COTS, GOTS, and customized DoD applications. Troubleshoot systems and network issues, work with Senior System Administrators in the installation of large software releases, create accounts using Active Directory, assist users with system issues, application issues, and system failures. Support of legacy space systems using Flex-ES hardware emulation of Main Frame computers with VMS operating systems.
TDF Legacy Space System Administrator will update computer systems with patches on quarterly cadence. System Administration of Windows Server 2016, Windows 10 and Red Hat 7.9. Manage virtual servers/workstations using VMware 6.7. Write Incident Reports for hardware issues. Install and configure Oracel 11g with assistance from the Senior System Administrator.
Typical Duties Include:
- Provide skilled Systems Administration/Integration support of complex environments
- Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network, software, hardware, and system engineers, end users, and customers
- Implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management
- Provide guidance, direction, and training to new system administrators in the group
- Serve as backup to other systems administrators
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate’s Degree in a Cyber/IT discipline
- Active DoD IAT Level II certification (e.g., Security+ ce)
- Experience in Systems Administration of complex applications on Windows and Unix/Linux platforms
- Experience with Linux and Windows system administration including installing and configuring systems from the OS level up
- Experience with VMWare installation and configuration and Systems Administration of EXSi hosts, deploying and configuring VMware vCenter, configure virtual storage using ISCSI and NFS storage
- Experience with Information Assurance policies and procedures and the ability to apply IA requirements to an existing system, experience with applying group policies from Active Directory
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have and be capable of maintaining a U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) security clearance at the required level
- Technical aptitude and ability to administer:
- Network services including DNS, DHCP, NPS.
- Authentication services including Active Directory, Radius, NPS
- Server support including Linux, Windows, VMWare and VMS Main Frame OS
- Ability to troubleshoot and accurately identify root cause of infrastructure issues
- Strong collaboration capabilities to work closely with Government customers and Agile Teams
- Experience with scripting languages (developing, debugging, and maintaining)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative and to work independently
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
To Apply for this Position:
You must have the Minimum Qualifications in your resume to be selected as a candidate.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, E&M Technologies, Inc. provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. More benefit details here.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022, or by your start date if it is after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.