E&M Technologies, Inc. is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. E&M provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
E&M Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking a Software Developer to join our team in Colorado Springs, CO in support of the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD). NORAD is a United States and Canada bi-national organization charged with the missions of aerospace warning, aerospace control and maritime warning for North America. Aerospace warning includes the detection, validation, and warning of attack against North America whether by aircraft, missiles, or space vehicles, through mutual support arrangements with other command.
The Software Developer is responsible for supporting the modernization of C2 applications. Reviews existing applications and requirements. Contributes to the development of software requirements and design presentations. Mentors junior software developers. Attends and contributes to Agile team meetings including daily stand-ups, sprint planning, and retrospectives. Develops high-quality, secure software using modern software development techniques.
Typical Duties Include:
- Review existing applications and their associated requirements
- Develop software modernization plans
- Develop and deliver high-quality software requirement and design presentations for customer approval
- Mentor junior software developers
- Attend and contribute to Agile team meetings to include daily stand-ups, sprint planning, and retrospectives
- Write high-quality, secure software
- Review software scan results and adjudicates findings
- Develop and execute unit test cases
- Create high-quality software documentation, to include, but not limited to, Software User Manuals, Software Design Documents, Software Installation Manuals, and Interface Control Specifications
- Bachelor’s Degree and 1-4 years of software development experience
- Must possess a current DoD 8570 IAT Level II or above certification (e.g., Security+ ce, CISSP)
- Experience designing, implementing, and sustaining complex software applications
- Experience developing technical solutions to meet defined requirements
- Detailed understanding of the Java programming language
- Experience developing microservices using Java Spring Boot and Spring Cloud
- Experience working within an Agile development team and completing tasks on time
- Experience performing Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) within a DevSecOps pipeline
- Experience writing event-driven applications utilizing a messaging service
- Detailed understanding of the REST API
- Experience developing Java build scripts using Maven and/or Gradle
- Experience utilizing Static Code Analysis (SCA) tools and adjudicating vulnerabilities
- Basic understanding of Docker containers and Kubernetes
- Detail oriented
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have and be capable of maintaining a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance at the required level.
- Experience using JPA for object persistence
- Experience working with Apache Kafka
- High-level understanding of DoD Platform One
- Experience migrating monolithic applications to a microservices architecture
- Experience in Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration Environments
- Experience working within a VMware Tanzu environment
- Experience working with DAST (Dynamic Application Security Testing) tools
- Experience working on CCIC2S applications
- Experience participating in and effectively contributing to a highly-collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative and to work independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
To Apply for this Position:
You must have the Minimum Qualifications in your resume to be selected as a candidate.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, E&M Technologies, Inc. provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. More benefit details here.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022, or by your start date if it is after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.