E&M Technologies, Inc. is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. E&M provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
E&M Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking a Technical Controller to join our team in Colorado Springs, CO in support of the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD). NORAD is a United States and Canada bi-national organization charged with the missions of aerospace warning, aerospace control and maritime warning for North America. Aerospace warning includes the detection, validation, and warning of attack against North America whether by aircraft, missiles, or space vehicles, through mutual support arrangements with other command.
The Technical Controller at the TDF will be responsible for proving mission-critical voice and data services communication for circuits supporting CCIC2S, SIGS, SPADOC, and external tests at the TDF. Included in these responsibilities will be to sustain, troubleshoot, and repair standard voice and data network infrastructure systems and cryptographic equipment.
Shift work consists of two shifts. The morning shift is 6 am to 2 pm. The afternoon shift is 10 am to 6 pm. This position is for the morning shift. It is important to be available to work after hours, and weekends if there is a need, but this is very rare.
Typical Duties Include:
- Review and analyze systems, trunk, circuit, and equipment performance.
- Coordinate and assist in troubleshooting, isolating, repairing, and correcting network systems and circuit errors.
- Create and update outage tickets and shift logs.
- When necessary, brief leadership of circuit/equipment status.
- Daily Crypto loads to equipment (KIV-7Ms, KIV-19Ms, KG-175s, KG-255s, etc.) and associated COMSEC.
- High School Diploma
- Active DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification (e.g., Security+ CE) or higher.
- Experience working with network transport equipment in a large Defense Information Systems Agency NOC.
- CCENT certified or equivalent level of knowledge.
- Basic understanding of the following technologies: OSI, TCP/IP, and various layer 2 protocols.
- Basic understanding of platforms such as Radius and/or TACACS.
- Experience with Juniper and RedHat Linux.
- Familiar working in a data center/long-haul transport environment.
- Knowledge of serial data interfaces, cat-X, fiber, and MPLS/CISCO/SYCAMORE/CIENA Long-Haul Transport mechanisms.
- Able to analyze problems and conduct effective fault diagnosis and system recovery.
- Basic Linux/UNIX skills desired.
- Basic understanding of the Junos operating system.
- Clear communicator (written and verbal).
- Capable of prioritizing and managing own workload / Self-motivated.
- Capable of working/using own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Keen to contribute ideas, share knowledge, and help others develop.
- Interest in leading edge technologies. Keen to develop own skills and knowledge.
To Apply for this Position:
You must have the Minimum Qualifications in your resume to be selected as a candidate.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, E&M Technologies, Inc. provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. More benefit details here.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022, or by your start date if it is after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.