E&M Technologies, Inc. is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. E&M provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
E&M Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking a Network Operations Center (NOC) Crew to join our team in Colorado Springs, CO in support of the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD). NORAD is a United States and Canada bi-national organization charged with the missions of aerospace warning, aerospace control and maritime warning for North America. Aerospace warning includes the detection, validation, and warning of attack against North America whether by aircraft, missiles, or space vehicles, through mutual support arrangements with other command.
The Network Operations Center (NOC) Crew implements/maintains various technical systems and serves as an interface to the supported community users. Provides guidance, direction, and training to others in the group. Serves as a backup to lead computer systems administrator. Builds and/or debugs complicated hardware and software to correct difficult problems using technically advanced problem-solving skills. Develops and implements system documentation and operation procedures. Identifies and corrects processing anomalies.
Shift work is required to support 24×7 operations. It is important to be available to work any shift/designated hours required to include nights, weekends and holidays on a modified Panama schedule.
Typical Duties Include:
- Coordinates and administers the test and installation of network connections. Configures and debugs network equipment.
- Researches the selection and installation of new computer equipment, including hardware and software.
- Performs and provides server, workstation, and system expertise including on-site and off-site travel.
- Implements functions with data and documentation management of systems.
- Coordinates and schedules system upgrades and maintenance.
- Maintain various technical systems and serves as an interface to the supported community users.
- Provides guidance, direction, and training to others in the group. Serves as backup to other computer systems administrators.
- Builds and/or debugs hardware and software to correct difficult problems using advanced problem-solving skills.
- Develops system documentation and operation procedures.
- Identifies processing anomalies and provides diagnostic support for correcting.
- Coordinates the test and installation of network connections.
- Configures and debugs network equipment.
- Researches the selection and installation of new computer equipment including hardware and software.
- Performs and provides server and workstation expertise including on-site and off-site travel.
- Orders replacement of new hardware and software including warranty claims.
- Associate’s Degree in a computer field
- Active Security+ ce certification
- Working knowledge and system administration experience of Red Hat Enterprise Linux environments
- Working knowledge and system administration experience of Microsoft Windows operating systems (OS) administration and associated hardware.
- Working knowledge of Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) technologies
- Know the difference between virtual machine and Remote Desktop
- Background with SPADOC or space situational analysis or space orbital analysis
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have and be capable of maintaining a U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) security clearance at the required level.
- Cyber and Space Operations experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience participating in and effectively contributing to a highly-collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative and to work independently.
To Apply for this Position:
You must have the Minimum Qualifications in your resume to be selected as a candidate.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, E&M Technologies, Inc. provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. More benefit details here.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022, or by your start date if it is after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.