E&M Technologies, Inc. is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. E&M provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
E&M Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking an Infrastructure Installation Technician to join our team in Colorado Springs, CO in support of the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD). NORAD is a United States and Canada bi-national organization charged with the missions of aerospace warning, aerospace control and maritime warning for North America. Aerospace warning includes the detection, validation, and warning of attack against North America whether by aircraft, missiles, or space vehicles, through mutual support arrangements with other command.
The Infrastructure Installation Technician installs, operates, maintains, repairs, and modifies inside/outside plant, manholes, handholds, and internal confined spaces. Performs a variety of infrastructure maintenance on products such as integrated systems and subsystems at customer and/or field locations. Analyses and evaluates products related to performance. Troubleshoots and diagnoses malfunctions to eliminate problems in minimum time. Installs, upgrades, and removes products ensuring engineering changes. Maintains effective customer communications and relations. May provide onsite training of customer support personnel.
Shift work is required to support 24×7 operations. It is important to be available to work any shift/designated hours required to include nights, weekends, and holidays on a modified Panama schedule.
Typical Duties Include:
- Install and maintain underground, buried, copper core and fiber-optic cables supporting systems for command, control, communications, and computers
- Plan, maintain and install all cable and communication conveyance systems
- Process formal customer request and develop technical solutions
- Maintain cable installation records and schematics using database
- Perform configuration control for all communications cables and conveyances for CMSFS
- Act as focal point for any/all questions concerning authorized access to the CMAFS bellows; maintains access list, log all information on the master station log, alarm/de-alarm and maintain combinations
- Resolve project installation and maintenance troubles by using project sketches, drawings, project directives, diagrams, and Technical Orders
- Follow project installation and maintenance actions and repair procedures
- Conduct system test to assess cable capabilities and serviceability
- Coordinate operations with using activities
- Install, inspect, and evaluate cable installation, and maintenance actions
- Evaluate inspection reports and analyzes survey and test results
- Process Civil Engineer work clearance requests; locate mark and record underground communication cables
- Operate and maintain special tools, test equipment, auxiliary equipment, and special vehicles
- Troubleshoot, repair, and replace fiber optic, transceivers, mux, and modems
- Maintain knowledge/certification of mechanical and fusion fiber optic splices/connectors
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Experience working with an Air Force/Space Force customer in a high paced environment
- Experience with Air Force/Space Force processes/tools for tracking projects, maintenance schedules, and updating cable equipment and facing records
- A good working knowledge of EIA 568A/B cabling standards
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have and be capable of maintaining a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance at the required level.
- Experience participating in and effectively contributing to a highly-collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative and to work independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
To Apply for this Position:
You must have the Minimum Qualifications in your resume to be selected as a candidate.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, E&M Technologies, Inc. provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. More benefit details here.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022, or by your start date if it is after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.