E&M Technologies, Inc. is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. E&M provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
E&M Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking a Drafter to join our team in Colorado Springs, CO in support of the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD). NORAD is a United States and Canada bi-national organization charged with the missions of aerospace warning, aerospace control and maritime warning for North America. Aerospace warning includes the detection, validation, and warning of attack against North America whether by aircraft, missiles, or space vehicles, through mutual support arrangements with other command.
The Drafter prepares/updates layout drawings/packages used for installing or troubleshooting IT equipment. Performs independent, non-routine assignments within areas of responsibility.
Typical Duties Include:
- Prepares and assembles documentation packages and produces drawing sets to be checked by subject matter experts.
- Confers with subject matter experts to prepare drawing packages to support personnel involved in maintenance activities, project planning, and day-to-day operations of IT equipment.
- Establishes schedules for package reviews on a quarterly basis.
- Applies concepts for developing and establishing drawing databases, templates, and requirements.
- Accomplishes tasks of moderate scope and solves problems that require investigation of a select number of variables.
- Reviews completed drawings for accuracy and conformity to standards and regulations.
- Interprets requirements and performs analyses to ensure that objectives are met.
- Proficient in Autodesk AutoCAD, and Microsoft Visio.
- Progressive responsibility with administrative and/or technical support assignments.
- Demonstrated experience with evaluation, selection, adapting and modifying standard techniques and criteria in order to plan and conduct assignments.
- Demonstrated experience with requirement tools, plans, schedules, and coordination of detailed phases of work through the selection and adaptation or modification of techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Demonstrated experience thoroughly reviewing of all results from assigned tasks and determine if outputs are complete, correct, integrated with project objectives, and adequately documented.
- Demonstrated experience interpreting requirement specifications based on user requirements and high-level system/network architecture.
- Demonstrated experience with support system/network architecture design and development activities.
- Demonstrated experience Integrate/implement separating system/network engineering management, system integration, and/or test.
- Demonstrated experience reviewing and implementing new sites with communication hardware, networking, and encryption requirements.
- Demonstrated experience integrating/implementing solutions to applications, problems, system administration issues, or network concerns.
- Demonstrated experience performing systems/network management and integration functions.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have and be capable of maintaining a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance at the required level.
- AutoCAD Certification
- Experience participating in and effectively contributing to a highly-collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative and to work independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
To Apply for this Position:
You must have the Minimum Qualifications in your resume to be selected as a candidate.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, E&M Technologies, Inc. provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. More benefit details here.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022, or by your start date if it is after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.