E&M Technologies, Inc. is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. E&M provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
E&M Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking a Voice Switch Systems (VSS) Support Technician to join our team in Colorado Springs, CO in support of the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD). NORAD is a United States and Canada bi-national organization charged with the missions of aerospace warning, aerospace control and maritime warning for North America. Aerospace warning includes the detection, validation, and warning of attack against North America whether by aircraft, missiles, or space vehicles, through mutual support arrangements with other command.
The Voice Switch Systems (VSS)/VoIP Support Analyst/Technician will apply technical knowledge to solve routine and complex problems for VSS (MSL-100)/VoIP. Work requires familiarity with the interrelationships of VSS/VoIP circuits and judgment in planning work sequence, select tools, test instruments, and processes are reviewed for compliance/accepted practices. Ability to work with minimal supervision during some/all of their shift and must make technical decisions in response to real-world situations without direct contact with a supervisor for guidance.
It is important to be available to work any shift/designated hours assigned, including nights, weekends, and holidays. This position is considered Mission Essential. You must be prepared for and be able to report to work and remain on-site for extended periods during emergencies and drills. During such periods, you may be unable to maintain contact with anyone outside the site, including family and friends. You must sign a letter of commitment for acknowledgment and agreement to this requirement.
Typical Duties Include:
- Participate in the design/deployment of enterprise solution architecture, coordinate installations and migrations.
- Troubleshoot LAN and WAN hardware systems and respond to customer inquiries.
- Meet with IT managers to determine the contract/Government VoIP network needs.
- Analyze existing VoIP networks/computer systems.
- Develop architecture for voice/data (future) services.
- Install network hardware including IP/PABX communication servers.
- Design/implement communications unified capabilities.
- Troubleshoot VoIP network issues.
- Analyze/upgrade network security systems and protocols.
- Add network users and manage contract/Government permissions/accesses.
- Optimize installations for future expansion.
- Train staff on network/system protocols.
- Install, remove, maintain, modify, troubleshoot, and repair non-secure voice and/or non-voice communications systems, including intercom and public address systems, alarm systems, and electronic and electromechanical telephone key systems/PABXs; terminal and communications equipment, including line drivers.
- Run cables, key cables, or house wire to all telephone sets, terminal connectors, lugs, pins, or screws, associated with key telephone equipment and/or terminating equipment for non-voice circuits.
- Configure, optimize, fine-tune, and monitor system operating software/hardware.
- Must possess a current DoD 8570 IAT Level II security certification (e.g., Security+ CE).
- 1-2 years of directly related experience and 3 years of work history.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Previous experience working as a VSS/VoIP engineer.
- Experience providing support to monitor, install, and perform maintenance on VSS/VoIP, hardware/software, networks, and equipment (i.e., servers, voice mail, etc.) applicable to VSS/VoIP.
- Ability to work shifts in support of 24×7 operations when required.
- Experience in VSS/VoIP systems/IP Protocols (i.e., LAN and WAN systems).
- Experience in performing Cyber Security/Hardening tasks.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have and be capable of maintaining a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance at the required level.
- Experience with VSS/VoIP operations planning/management in a real-time support environment.
- Experience preparing, objectively reviewing, and delivering technical presentations.
- Experience with technical knowledge capture, training, and certification of personnel.
- Project management experience.
- Experience interfacing with DoD/Governmental customers at very high levels.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions requiring personal judgment.
To Apply for this Position:
You must have the Minimum Qualifications in your resume to be selected as a candidate.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, E&M Technologies, Inc. provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. More benefit details here.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.