E&M Technologies, Inc. is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. E&M provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
E&M Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking an IA/IS Security Engineer to join our team in Suitland, MD in support of the United States Air Force Advanced Battle Management System (ABMS). ABMS is the service’s overarching effort encompassing a new set of technologies, operational requirements and warfighter integration efforts that will allow commanders and warfighters to share more and better information faster.
- Provide network engineering support and shall install, operate, configure, optimize, and maintain the Cisco Identify Services (ISE) tool for the enterprise; provide network engineering expertise to deploy Cisco ISE network access control features (e.g. IEEE 802.1x modules).
- Provide network engineering support and shall install, operate, configure, optimize, and maintain the RedSeal tool for the enterprise; provide network engineering expertise to build-out the enterprise network map, develop and maintain a prioritized list of concern areas based on threat vectors identified by the tool, and help the team fully use all features of the tool in support of the CYBERDEP mission.
- Capture and refine information security requirements and ensure their integration into information technology components and information systems through purposeful security design and configuration. The Contractor shall revisit these requirements throughout the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for systems as assigned.
- Perform vulnerability assessments, ethical hacking, and penetration testing to determine weaknesses and exploit methods in systems/networks utilizing Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) tools like Kali Linux, Government-Off-The-Shelf (GOTS) tools, and approved open-source scanning tools as well as security testing methodologies and frameworks. The Contractor shall determine the threats against information and system/networks and recommend appropriate countermeasures for continued mission assurance.
- Perform cybersecurity analysis and threat vector identification of complex IT requirements and IT systems to include:
- Critical infrastructure systems and Industrial Control Systems that employ Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) technologies (e.g. navigation systems, global positioning systems, HV/AC systems, fire prevention systems, physical access control systems, water management systems, etc.)
- Cloud Platforms (e.g. Amazon Web Services and MS Azure), cloud applications based on Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP/Perl/Python (LAMP) framework, Secure Cloud Computing Architecture (SCCA), and Best Practice Cloud implementations endorsed by FedRAMP and DISA.
- MS Windows, RHEL, Oracle, and Apple family of servers, applications, and workstations
- Mobile Device technologies such as tablets, smart phones, laptops, Bluetooth devices, etc.
- Cross Domain Solution (CDS) Systems interconnecting multiple classification enclaves
- Database Technologies, Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) such as Oracle and PostgreSQL, NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB), XML and JSON based semi-structured data technologies
- Web-Server and web application technologies (e.g. Microsoft IIS, Apache/Tomcat)
- Container and virtualization technologies such as Docker, VMware, RedHat Virtualization (i.e. KVM), and RedHat Openshift Container Platform
- Identify and Access Management (IdAM) Solutions, Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) and Public Key Enablement systems.
- Provide remediation recommendations and mitigating strategies for vulnerabilities discovered and the contractor shall maintain in-depth knowledge of DISA Security Technical Implementation Guidance (STIG), STIG technologies such as Tenable Nessus, STIG Viewer, Security Requirements Guides (SRG), Security Content Checker (SCC), STIG benchmarks, open-source tools such as Vulnerator, and other automated tools that assist with the assessment of security controls and the presentation of security assessment results.
- Support the development, documentation and delivery of training and training materials on all cyber tools, software, processes, and policies.
- Conduct market studies to assess emerging technologies, risk factors including technical maturity and/or available products, financial stability of potential vendor, and effects of inserting emerging technology into an Intelligence communications and network system.
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS, EE, IT, IA or related field desired, and a minimum of 8 years of Security Engineering experience.
- Experience in system/software design, enterprise architecture security, integration, testing, system administration, application administration, training, deployment, and O&M.
- A minimum of 5 years of software development experience in Java, C, C++, or other programming or scripting languages.
- Experience in designing and developing host based and network-based scanning tools.
- Extensive experience with the use of host and network-based scanning tools.
- Experience with Security Content Automated Protocol (SCAP) based tools and specifications.
- Experience in the installation, configuration, testing, deployment, and O&M of Enterprise-wide network-based scanning tools (e.g. HBSS, ACAS, etc.) in support of compliance testing and continuous monitoring.
- Extensive experience in hardening modern operating systems (OS) Unix (e.g., Oracle Solaris 10/11, RHEL) and MS Windows using Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG).
- Extensive experience securing systems/software IAW IC, DoD, and industry best practices
- Development of security controls, testing methodologies, and test procedures for systems, cloud-based architectures, and Cross Domain Solutions (CDS).
- Exemplary proactive results-oriented interpersonal and customer relations expertise and teambuilding. Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess a current DoD 8570 IAT Level II security certification (e.g., Security+ ce)
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have and be capable of maintaining a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance at the required level.
- Must have the ability to travel.
- Master’s Degree
- Minimum of two years of experience in Project Management including the following:
- DIACAP/DoD RMF, DCID 6/3, ICD-503, and/or NIST Risk Management Framework
- Extensive experience with the IC, Department of Defense (DoD), Defense Information Security Agency (DISA), NAVINTEL IA, Fleet Cyber Command (FLTCYBERCOM), and DoDIIS processes, tools, systems, reporting mechanisms and requirements for Assessment and Authorization
- Experience implementing security engineering practices in the System/Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Process
- General knowledge of the DoD, IC, and national level system security initiatives and secure Information/Local Area Network (LAN)/Wide Area Network (WAN) technologies.
- Experience participating in and effectively contributing to a highly-collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative and to work independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
To Apply for this Position
You must have the Minimum Qualifications in your resume to be selected as a candidate.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, E&M Technologies, Inc. provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. More benefit details here.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022, or by your start date if it is after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.