E&M Technologies, Inc. is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. E&M provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
E&M Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking a Level 3 Network Engineer to support a Federal Government Client.
- Perform any physical patching and software (CISCO IOS) patching as required.
- Review Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts/Bulletins (IAVA/B) related to CISCOproducts and develop and implement remediation plans.
- Coordinate outages with functional customers and ISC-ON Network team lead. Provide Dailyreport via Hopper Fleet Support Watch for inclusion in the Daily Operations Logs.
- Develop/draft any Service Level Agreements as required.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for routine and non-routine procedures that assistin the management of the enterprise networks. Provide to government for review and approval.
- Perform any required re-accreditation actions such as DISA STIG review, IOS upgrades,vulnerability scan remediation, and document various required lists (PPSM, H/W, and S/W) during the network’s accreditation cycle (every three years). Support related network actions when any hosted functional systems are going their respective accreditations.
- Assist in the development of technical refresh plans for the network devices based on device End of Support (EOS) date. Provide cost estimates and implementation plan to ISC-ON team lead for review, approval, and acquisition.
- Maintain accurate equipment inventory by serial number, model number, ONI barcode, and location. Ensure government property manager is notified on all equipment changes to the network(s).
- Complete specified vulnerability scanning training and acquire account within three months after award in the appropriate Department of Navy vulnerability management systems. Remediate monthly vulnerability scans
- Recommend changes to the government for improvement in the operating and/or security environment for government consideration and approval.
- Assist the government and functional customers on design and security related technical implementations associated with any new functionality and/or systems not already present. 2.12 (U) Assist IA network defense personnel in any investigation consisting of a network breach or practice dangerous to the security posture of the network.
- Acquire a Remedy account and respond to all submitted incident tickets within 4 hours during core hours. Document within incident ticket all actions taken to resolve the incident and follow ISC-N31 SOP on Remedy ticket handling. Document troubleshooting actions within the Operations Outage Logs for outage remediation that has been assigned.
- Act as an action officer on various new projects as assigned by the government lead. Document and track progress, develop any diagrams/schematics, and provide status updates via the division’s project tracking tool.
- B.S./B.A. Degree in Engineering, and Engineering discipline, or in a technical discipline.
- 7+ years of practical engineering and design experience in DoD communication systems and networks.
- CCNA Security, CISSP, or CASP certification.
To Apply for this Position:
You must have the Minimum Qualifications in your resume to be selected as a candidate.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, E&M Technologies, Inc. provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. More benefit details here.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022, or by your start date if it is after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.