E&M Technologies, Inc. is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. E&M provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
E&M Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking a SQL Database Administrator to support a Federal Government Client.
- Provide technical support for Servers, Desktops, Enterprise Applications, and Databases for each of the following areas:
- System Management
- Account Management
- Configuration Management
- Trouble Calls
- Maintain, secure, support, and as necessary upgrade all servers (approximately 125), and Microsoft desktops (approximately 7,000). The Government will coordinate scheduled power outages and maintenance activities with the Contractor via meetings. This support includes the following, but not limited to the following technologies and/or applications:
- Domain Controllers
- Active Directory/DNS Servers
- Exchange Servers
- DHCP Servers
- Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)
- System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- SQL Servers
- Quest Software Management Tools
- Network Printing Capabilities
- Microsoft Clustering
- Microsoft Database Availability Groups (DAGs)
- Microsoft Group Policy
- Desktop Management
- Host Based Security Systems (HBSS)
- Internet Information
- Install, build, rebuild, configure, maintain, secure, document, and administer Windows Server Systems, VMware Infrastructure, applications, databases, system related products, hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and operational requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining daily operations, monitoring, problem identification/resolution of server/systems, applications, operating systems and analyzing activity and performance ensuring system/application is providing optimum performance and availability.
- Providing system administration support in terms of installing, configuring, maintaining security, installing patches and performing necessary upgrades in order to keep servers/workstations up- to-date and secure.
- Develop, maintain and document Baseline installation and configuration procedures.
- Monitor performance and make modifications and adjustments to system architecture, storage methods and management system software to fine tune the system for optimum response timeand throughput.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Develop, recommend, document, implement and maintain system management policies,procedures and standards.
- Create document and implement repeatable processes to install, test, upgrade, maintain, andsecure system and its software.
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve system and application related incidents detected duringmonitoring, customer reported and\or by other communication channels.
- Work across IT functional boundaries (other system administrators, SAN administrators,Network administrators, Database administrators, etc.) with configuration, installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, upgrade and system management for optimum performance and reliability.
- Reporting to the Government of server performance issues via face-to-face or email when government is not available
- Conduct routine maintenance tasks on systems for proactive monitoring for space usage and availability, log files and error correcting.
- Ensure all system configuration changes have been approved via the Hopper CMR process and documented prior to implementation and then implement CMR upon approval
- Making recommendations to the Government to ensure changes are proactively made to avoid system/application outages and changes are documented in log report.
- Create and maintain security documentation for servers, desktops, applications, VMware infrastructure and databases and ensuring all systems maintain compliant to current security policies, DISA STIGS and ACAS vulnerabilities.
- Research, document and recommend new system related technologies and as well as migration and upgrade paths that could enhance, improve, automate and provide more efficiency and or up- to-date technologies to the operational environment.
- The Contractor shall develop and update the SOPs for all Contractor maintained systems and produce a quarterly report reflecting any updates. The Government System Administrators must approve all SOPs prior to becoming effective.
- The Contractor shall facilitate knowledge transfer to military and government personnel through the use of SOP’s, quick reference guides (QRG), technical documentation, and informal hands- on training as part of a team environment.
- The Contractor shall meet with ISC n32 Division Head or Government Team Lead in-person on an informal daily basis, or as agreed between the Government and Contractor Team Lead, to discuss task status and any problems encountered.
- Providing guidance for installing and configuring the workstation community using one of the Command-supported server platforms and Command-supported network protocols. Server guidance includes, but is not limited to:
- Automated desktop deployments utilizing command supported applications.
- Implementation of Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAs) and Information Assurance Vulnerability Bulletins (IAVBs) and Computer Tasking Orders (CTOs) as approved by the Government.
- Establishment of Audit Trails that capture security-related events and the weekly review of these Audit Trails to identify and report anomalies to the ISSM, Windows Assurance Officer (IAO) and Systems Division Head.
- Support to the Windows IAO and/or System (N32) Division Head during investigations associated with their systems.
- Ensure that all workstations/servers are managed through the various Management Tools utilizedto manage the Windows Operations Infrastructure. The Contractor shall provide a monthly reportfor each Server\Client Management Server.
- Provide workstation\desktop support to include software administration and technical support.
- The Contractor shall provide a monthly Exchange report document indicating the top twentymailboxes on each of the Exchange servers along with the total size of the Information Store(s) in public and private folders as well as growth trend analysis for future capacity planning. Report due by 3rd business day of the month via email.
- The Contractor shall provide a monthly SharePoint report documenting the following: issues\solutions, backup status, monitoring, status reports for sites and applications, solutions for common user issues. Report due by 3rd business day of the month via email.
- Contractor shall maintain and ensure SharePoint applications (KMAP, TMS, CRRS, EPS) are operational as expected.
- Contractor shall ensure SharePoint Team Sites are functional for customers.
- Contractor shall submit via email a weekly status report for SharePoint sites and applications.
- Configure, maintain, and support, the HBSS Point Products and ensure each client is properlymanaged to ensure security compliance requirements are met.
- Provide a monthly HBSS report documenting each ePO product and client status. Report due by3rd business day of the month via email.
- Provide a monthly SQL report identifying each database, owner, size, and growth trend analysisfor future capacity planning. Report due by 3rd business day of the month via email.
- Install, configure, secure, maintain, document, troubleshoot and administer SQL databases to provide optimum performance and system availability for the systems it supports.
- Conduct routine maintenance tasks on database servers for proactive monitoring and performance tuning.
- Develop, document, recommend, implement and maintain database management policies, procedures and standards.
- Research, support and Document domain consolidation efforts with other navy shore commands and implement upon government approval.
- Coordinate routine software or hardware preventive maintenance and backup schedules with the Government and other vendors.
- Ensure all servers, databases, and\or applications are successfully backed up and verified on a daily basis.
- In the event of a catastrophic system failure, restore the systems from backups; restore failed system within 24 hours.
- Support ISC N3 as required in developing a Disaster Recovery and Contingency Plan for Hopper ISC Services Travel to support of this effort includes locations where servers reside.
- Respond via telephone within 2 hours to server or critical watch outages and when required, provide on-site support within 2 hours after notification. Prior to coming onsite, appropriate Government personnel shall be notified.
- Interface with customers to analyze problems and propose solutions. 1
- Create accounts for Network access submitted through the Hopper Account Creation Request(ACR) process. Delete all Windows accounts according to standard operating procedures and/orupon notification from the Windows IAO and/or Systems (N32) Division Head.
- Account Administrators shall create accounts following Government Approved; Contractor developed Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) to ensure work is done correctly and to thestandards of those procedures. Changes to SOP shall be submitted to government as necessary and upon approval implemented.
- Account Administrators shall disable and\or delete accounts and associated account properties(home directory, profile, and mailbox) following the Government APPROVED; Contractor developed Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) to ensure work is done correctly and to the standards of those procedures.
- Provide weekly statistics on accounts and associated properties of those accounts in the N32 weekly brief.
- Provide a weekly Account Management Report as part of the Weekly Activity Report via email, indicating the summary of the total accounts created and deleted. Contractor shall maintain a record of when accounts are created and deleted.
- Maintain all of the Hopper ISC N32 Department’s Windows server documentation. Maintain up- to-date server configuration documentation and provide scheduled and ad hoc reporting.
- Maintain an up-to-date server configuration inventory. This product shall indicate the hardware, software, and specialized products that have been installed on each of the servers.
- Collect, organize, and update hardware and software data requirements to effectively manage Hopper’s enterprise. Data collected to be included in the document architecture diagrams which may be classified TS//SCI Level.
- Analyze Hopper’s enterprise equipment and provide plans, reports and recommendations for life cycle maintenance and capital replacements within first 30 days of onboarding and then annually. As opportunities present themselves, the Contractor shall provide the appropriate plans, reports and recommendations.
- B.S. Degree and/or a minimum of 5 years of experience with SQL database administration.
- Proficient in SQL 2012 or higher database administration
- Must possess a database certification in SQL 2008 or higher.
- Proficient in Windows Server administration
- Expert knowledge of SQL 2012 or higher Database systems and working knowledge of Windows Server administration.
To Apply for this Position:
You must have the Minimum Qualifications in your resume to be selected as a candidate.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, E&M Technologies, Inc. provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. More benefit details here.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022, or by your start date if it is after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.