E&M Technologies, Inc. is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. E&M provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
E&M Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking a LAN/WAN Network Engineer to join our team in Suitland, MD in support of the United States Air Force Advanced Battle Management System (ABMS). ABMS is the service’s overarching effort encompassing a new set of technologies, operational requirements and warfighter integration efforts that will allow commanders and warfighters to share more and better information faster.
- Provide Network Engineering support at the Open Systems Interconnection Layers one through four, however knowledge of systems/applications working at the higher layers is imperative to the continued success of the network.
- Isolate and resolve complex network, cryptographic, and telecommunication problems associated with the operating system of the CISCO devices along with the LAN/WAN interface that includes cryptographic equipment and telecommunications technologies.
- Update and support systems by tuning performance and allocating storage space. Support can include implementing critical patches, reviewing systems performance logs to identify anomalies and troubleshoot issues.
- Work independently and across IT functional boundaries (other network administrators, system administrators, database administrators, etc.) with configuration, installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, upgrade and system management of network components and other systems to maintain maximum operability to critical mission objectives.
- Provide network administration support: install, configure, maintain security, install patches, and perform necessary upgrades to keep network devices up-to-date and secure, to include physical patching and software (CISCO IOS).
- Maintain daily operations, monitoring, problem identification/resolution of server/systems, applications, operating systems and analyze activity and performance to ensure system/application is providing optimum performance and availability.
- Perform required re-accreditation actions such as DISA STIG review, IOS upgrades, vulnerability scan remediation, and document various required lists (PPSM, H/W, and S/W) during the network’s accreditation cycle.
- Review Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts/Bulletins related to CISCO products and develop and implement remediation plans.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 4 years of practical Network Administration experience in WAN technologies and telecommunications environments; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Proficiency with various network management tools (i.e., SolarWinds, iPerf, Wireshark, etc.)
- Experience in:
- Routing and networking protocols such as: EIGRP, BGP, SNMP, OSPF, Spanning Tree, ARP, dot1Q, VLANs, VPN, GRE, subnetting, NAT, Netflow (do we need to list so many examples?)
- Various IP and serial encryption technologies and devices (TACLANE, etc.)
- Telecommunications technologies and devices such as modems, T-1 extenders, muxes, optical transport, T-1, E-1, ATM, DS-3, T-3, Metro-ethernet, OC-n, etc.
- Microsoft Office products to include Microsoft Visio
- Remedy ®incident management tool
- Must possess a current Security+ and Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Certificates
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have and be capable of maintaining a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance at the required level.
- Must have the ability to travel.
- Experience participating in and effectively contributing to a highly-collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative and to work independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
To Apply for this Position
You must have the Minimum Qualifications in your resume to be selected as a candidate.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, E&M Technologies, Inc. provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. More benefit details here.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022, or by your start date if it is after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.