E&M Technologies, Inc. is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. E&M provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
E&M Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking a Level 2 Systems Engineer to join our team in Virginia Beach, VA in support of the Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD). NSWCDD provides Fleet support at the NSWC Dahlgren Division Dam Neck Activity in Virginia Beach, VA, overlooking the Virginia Capes Fleet Operations Area. NSWCDD conducts advanced research in all system-related areas and pursues scientific disciplines including physics, mathematics, directed energy and digital engineering, modeling and simulation, software, mechanical, electrical, and systems engineering.
- Provide systems and technical engineering support services through the implementation of disciplined and rigorous System Engineering processes across all mission areas of Training and Readiness (T&R) shore-based systems.
- Perform engineering of system’s requirements, architectures, communications, cybersecurity, software, hardware, integration, safety, deployment, and support across multiple systems’ Life- Cycles.
- Research, analyze, define, develop, prototype and review capabilities and requirements at the systems/subsystems level for integrated software and hardware products.
- Assist with the selection of performance measures and criteria against which technical progress can be assessed in terms of cost, schedule, and risk.
- Development and implementation of approaches for the capture, analysis and trace of artifacts that provide the requirements of the system’s performance, function and allocated baseline and maintain traceability from engineering products back to user-defined capabilities as documented through the Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS), or equivalent.
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related discipline with five (5) years of experience in network engineering, network design, software development, or computer networks.
- Must possess a current DoD 8570 IAT Level II security certification (e.g., Security+ CE).
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have or be capable of obtaining a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance atthe required level.
- Demonstrated experience managing DOD software projects from cradle to grave.
- Demonstrated knowledge of IEE and other industry standards / best practices.
- Experience in Combat System design, core technologies and Combat System training execution.
- Experience in Computer System architecture design and development.
- Experience with DoD training systems and training tool development.
- Experience in one or more of the following Naval System areas: AEGIS, SSDS, NavSSI,GPNTS, BFTT/ATD.
To Apply for this Position:
You must have the Minimum Qualifications in your resume to be selected as a candidate.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, E&M Technologies, Inc. provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. More benefit details here.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022, or by your start date if it is after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.