E&M Technologies, Inc. is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. E&M provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
E&M Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking a Level 2 Systems Administrator to join our team in Virginia Beach, VA in support of the Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD). NSWCDD provides Fleet support at the NSWC Dahlgren Division Dam Neck Activity in Virginia Beach, VA, overlooking the Virginia Capes Fleet Operations Area. NSWCDD conducts advanced research in all system-related areas and pursues scientific disciplines including physics, mathematics, directed energy and digital engineering, modeling and simulation, software, mechanical, electrical, and systems engineering.
- Develop new and/or maintain existing database schemas and databases using relational database management systems or data storage, retrieval, and report applications such as Microsoft Access or PostgreSQL
- Develop and maintain the Database Design Document (DBDD) describing database design, decisions, schema and logical model including users, tables, column, field types, descriptions, grants, associations, foreign keys and constraints and related information. Document database backup and recovery procedures.
- Design and develop callable statements and other database scripts using Structure Query Language (SQL)
- Periodically transform data in various formats for ingestion into the database and perform data imports using custom scripts or database administrative tools.
- Provide database administrative services including user account setup, and optimization
- B.S. Degree with five (5) years of experience as a system administrator within DoD organizations
- Must possess a current DoD 8570 IAT Level II security certification (e.g., Security+ CE).
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have or be capable of obtaining a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance at the required level.
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure
- Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery and failover procedures
- Experience with DoD system cyber security requirements and policies
To Apply for this Position:
You must have the Minimum Qualifications in your resume to be selected as a candidate.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, E&M Technologies, Inc. provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. More benefit details here.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022, or by your start date if it is after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.