E&M Technologies, Inc. is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. E&M provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
E&M Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking a Cybersecurity Engineer to join our team in Charlottesville, VA in support of the National Ground and Intelligence Center. NGIC is the Defense Department’s primary producer of ground forces intelligence. NGIC produces scientific and technical intelligence and military capabilities analysis on foreign ground forces required by warfighting commanders, the force modernization and research and development communities, Department of Defense, and national policymakers.
- Conducts analysis, evaluation, or design of unique and complex tasks through the development of new or improved methods and procedures.
- Accomplishes assignments by defining requirements, developing criteria, searching for information, developing concepts, coordinating intra or interdisciplinary interfaces, and controlling allocated resources.
- May plan, schedule, and coordinate the work of others on a large engineering project or on smaller projects containing many complex features or requiring detailed analysis.
- Responsible for the overall maintenance of information technology security systems and protocols.
- Design and implement security measures for hardware, software, and network platforms to ensure protection from cyber-attacks and any other possible harmful intrusions that could compromise or damage data and network infrastructure.
- Assess existing cybersecurity systems and protocols and design and implement upgrades to existing measures as well as implementing new procedures.
- Constantly conduct risk-assessments of existing network hardware and information delivery systems to prevent and mitigate risk.
- Bachelor’s degree in related technology
- Ten (10) years of experience in a cybersecurity field
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in achieving cybersecurity certification and accreditation
- Security+ ce certification
- Familiarity with DoD and Army Cybersecurity policies and instructions
- Proven ability to participate in the analysis of IT and business issues
- Ability to operate independently and collaboratively across multiple functional areas
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have and be capable of maintaining a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance at the required level.
- CISSP certification
- Experience with accreditations of large enclave networks and stand-alone systems using the Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Experience with Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) and Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS)
- Familiarity with the Ports, Protocols and Services Management (PPSM) program
- Familiarity with the Army Portfolio Management Solution (APMS)
- Familiarity with DISA STIGs and the IAVM program
- Experience participating in and effectively contributing to a highly-collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative and to work independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
To Apply for this Position:
You must have the Minimum Qualifications in your resume to be selected as a candidate.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, E&M Technologies, Inc. provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. More benefit details here.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022, or by your start date if it is after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.