E&M Technologies, Inc. is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. E&M provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
E&M Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking an Information Systems Security Officer to join our team in Charleston, SC in support of United States Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM). INSCOM executes mission command of operational intelligence and security forces; conducts, synchronizes, and integrates worldwide multi-discipline and all-source intelligence and security operations; and delivers linguist support and intelligence related advanced skills training, acquisition support, logistics, communications, and other specialized capabilities in support of Army, Joint, and Coalition commands and the U.S. Intelligence Community.
- Perform activities and tasks supporting the NCRC Information System Security Manager (ISSM), Information System Security Officers (ISSOs), and liaison with supporting System Administrators (SA) and cybersecurity personnel to promote security in the EES and IDE operations.
- Responsible to communicate, implement and manage a formal Information Security / Information Systems Security Program together with ISSM and CPSO (Physical Security Officer), providing policy analysis, information sharing requirements, and Certification and Accreditation support for multiple classified and unclassified networks.
- Responsible for creating and validating system security requirements, establishing and implementing security designs in hardware, software, data, and procedures.
- Will conduct RMF Self-Assessment and Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) monitoring to include assisting with dissemination, installation, Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVA) reporting, and compliance procedures.
- Responsible for Developing, reviewing and updating security documentation to include, but not limited to, Risk Assessment Reports (RARs), System Security Plans (SSPs), and Plan of Action & Milestones (POA&Ms) to ensure compliance with National Institute of Standards & Technology (NIST) RMF controls and DoD Cybersecurity policies and procedures.
- Will assist Configuration Management board reviewing and evaluating the security effects of IT Change Requests (ITCR) to Information Systems (ISs) baselines, ensuring no security changes have been made to invalidate authorized system accreditation. Will conduct random configuration audits and provide reports on compliance with the Configuration Management Plan (CMP).
- Will assist ISSM in conducting investigations of computer security violations and incidents, reporting as necessary. Ensure proper protection and / or corrective measures have been taken when an incident or vulnerability has been discovered.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with five (5) years of professional experience; or three (3) years of professional experience with a related master’s degree
- Experience with IS auditing and investigations
- Hands-on experience with industry-standard Information Assurance tools
- Experience with developing, reviewing, and maintaining RMF artifacts
- Overall knowledge of Information Systems Security and ISSO duties
- Experience with ESS/ENS, Splunk, Nessus, Security Center, Lansweeper, and SCAP
- Demonstrated Risk Management Framework (RMF) or DIACAP experience
- Experience with IA/Cybersecurity policy implementation
- Experience performing computer systems security risk analysis and assessment.
- Experience implementing and validating Security Technical Implementation Guidance (STIG) and Security Requirements Guidance (SRG) for applications
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have and be capable of maintaining a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance at the required level.
- Working knowledge of system administration and network administration (Windows 10, Server 2016 and up) (RHEL 7 and up)
- Working knowledge of classified defense contracts
- FISMA experience
- Experience analyzing and defining security requirements.
- Experience participating in and effectively contributing to a highly-collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative and to work independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in a scaled Agile environment framework such as SAFe.
- Experience working with or familiarization with JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
To Apply for this Position:
You must have the Minimum Qualifications in your resume to be selected as a candidate.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, E&M Technologies, Inc. provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. More benefit details here.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022, or by your start date if it is after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.