E&M Technologies, Inc. is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. E&M provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
E&M Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking a Senior System Administrator to join our team in Beale AFB, CA in support of the United States Air Force. The U.S. Air Force’s Distributed Common Ground System (DCGS) is composed of multiple regionally aligned, globally networked sites, each providing varying levels of capability and capacity to support the intelligence needs of the warfighter.
The Sr. System Administrator will perform a variety of system administration and maintenance functions associated with the monitoring and controlling of LINUX and Windows computers hosting classified intelligence data and software applications. Administrative operations include performing configuration changes, system backup and restore, troubleshooting, and user account administration. Other functions include maintaining system operational availability, supporting installations, and developing solutions to technical issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering, science, or related discipline with four (4) to six (6) years of relevant experience; OR twelve (12) to fourteen (14) years of relevant experience in an engineering, science, or related discipline in lieu of a degree.
- Must possess current Security+ ce; OR must have the ability to obtain one within 90 days of start date.
- In-depth knowledge of Solaris or Linux Operating Systems
- System administration experience in Solaris/Linux and Windows environments supporting business critical systems on server and desktop operating systems (Server 2008, Server 2012, Windows 7, Windows 10, Red Hat Linux)
- Demonstrated proficiency in deploying, maintaining, and troubleshooting core Linux capabilities including Active Directory authentication, permission management, DNS, Samba, package management, and NFS.
- Strong knowledge of DNS, DHCP, DNS, LDAP, NIS, and Windows system security
- Experience with VMWare/Virtual computing regarding deploying, maintaining, and troubleshooting ESXi and vCenter.
- Demonstrated proficiency providing technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems
- General understanding of network services
- Strong communication skills and customer interaction skills with users of all levels
- Must be willing and able to travel if required
- Willing to work extended work hours to include nights and weekends ust be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have and be capable of maintaining a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance at the required level.
- Automation via scripting (PowerShell), File Replication, File System Tuning, Upgrading and Configuring.
- Familiarity with Cisco Enterprise network solutions
- Centralized configuration management
- Experience with or knowledge of DCGS (Distributed Common Ground System)
- Previous experience working with the military in some capacity
- Experience participating in and effectively contributing to a highly-collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative and to work independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
To Apply for this Position
You must have the Minimum Qualifications and Education in your resume to be selected as a candidate.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, E&M Technologies, Inc. provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. More benefit details here.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022, or by your start date if it is after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.