E&M Technologies, Inc. is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. E&M provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
E&M Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to join our team in Quantico, VA in support of a Federal Customer.
- Plan, direct, and, if necessary, conduct regular, special, and integrated system test programs on virtualization equipment.
- Prepare and conduct special reports and presentations that contain actionable information, which is pertinent to individual site operations.
- Conduct integrated equipment system tests.
- Plan, prepare and conduct on the job training to the customer and junior Contractor personnel, as required.
- Coordinate with other field engineers to the benefit of the customer.
- Support the unit with other duties as assigned within the scope of work.
- Protype new solutions to IT challenges and optimize existing systems in light of new technologies that come to market.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer engineering and a minimum of 5 years of experience designing and implementing IT systems in production environments. An additional 5 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience / ability in:
- Developing tools based on raw engineering work products and parsing of database structured data.
- Leading system/server development projects involving multiple developers, as well as experience in generating requirements documentation.
- Developing processes to validate performance metrics of systems. Use available COTS/GOTS software as applicable.
- Systems/Equipment Installation and Implementation to include installation, configuration, implementation, and validation of installation of components.
- Authoring and utilizing scripting languages, mainly but not limited to PowerShell, to automate tedious, repetitive, and/or error prone tasks related to installation, configuration, and management of IT systems and services
- Designing of systems via hypervisors and virtualization sub-systems
- Supporting a variety of networking, storage, virtualization, and other components that may span across multi-generational deployments
- Evaluating effectiveness of existing technologies on site, and considering emerging technologies
- Developing cloud (examples: Azure, AWS) infrastructure systems
- Developing on premise cloud (examples: Azure, AWS, OpenStack) infrastructure systems
- Adding, configuring, and managing Roles and Features on Microsoft Server (current Version)
- Configuring and monitoring systems/servers utilizing Failover Cluster Manager tools
- Configuring and monitoring systems/servers utilizing Remote Server Administrative Tools (RSAT), Windows Admin Center and Azure Arc
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have and be capable of maintaining a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance at the required level.
- Ability to configure and monitor systems/servers utilizing Failover Cluster Manager tools, Remote Server Administrative Tools (RSAT), Windows Admin Center and Azure Arc.
- Experience participating in and effectively contributing to a highly-collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative and to work independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
To Apply for this Position:
You must have the Minimum Qualifications in your resume to be selected as a candidate.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, E&M Technologies, Inc. provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. More benefit details here.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022, or by your start date if it is after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.