E&M Technologies, Inc. is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. E&M provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
E&M Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking a Software Developer II to join our team in Quantico, VA in support of a Federal Customer.
- Design, maintain, and implement GOTS software designed around a specific set of requirements or to use particular methodologies required to meet specific procedural requirements.
- Design software tools that include system calls to other third-party tools and utilities specified.
- Design, maintain, and implement original software applications from a high level, non-specific set of concepts provided by the government.
- Develop software and applications of large and complex software and systems, and web-based query and reporting systems, as well as knowledge of Information Security Systems (ISS) and security standards of Sensitive But Unclassified (SBU) and classified data.
- Maintain knowledge of current Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002 (FISMA).
- Support the unit with other duties as assigned within the scope of work.
- Bachelor’s Degree in software development or computer science and a minimum of 5 years of software development for systems in production environments. An additional 5 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience in the following:
- Identifying technical strategies to interconnect disparate software applications by authoring original software programs
- Designing and authoring original software applications from a high level, non-specific set of concepts provided by the government
- Writing programs that achieve a desired outcome or workflow from nothing more than observation of desired outcomes, workflows, or from vague original concepts
- Producing specifications and design documentation including:
- Process Flow
- Class Diagrams
- Sequence Diagrams
- Physical Architecture
- System and Web Service Interface Specifications
- Data Dictionary
- Data Model
- Creating project work estimates
- Implementing solutions and identifying operational or management issues
- Systems designing, policy development, and database development and management, and user interface development
- Utilizing available Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) software to the maximum extent practicable in designing software applications, avoiding implementation of a proprietary system
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have and be capable of maintaining a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance at the required level.
- Experience participating in and effectively contributing to a highly-collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative and to work independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
To Apply for this Position:
You must have the Minimum Qualifications in your resume to be selected as a candidate.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, E&M Technologies, Inc. provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. More benefit details here.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022, or by your start date if it is after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.